Home screen artwork

Hello, I tried to update the icon artwork and I can find the files that I placed in my folders. I placed the image in the root of my Movies, Family Movies and TV Shows folder, but when I browse for the images all I see are the movie files. Is this a Pro feature only?

What type of device are you streaming from?

If you are using UPnP, DLNA, Plex, or Google Drive you will want to follow the steps described here to add favorite artwork.

I’m sorry, should have given a little more information. I am running the plex server on a Windows 10 box with my files on a large data drive. My movies are in separate folders, TV shows broken out to separate seasons. I grabbed some images from the forum, renamed them to the correct name and placed them in the root folder for Movies, TV Shows and Family Movies. When I browse for the jpg file on the root of the folder, all I see are the folders that contain my movies. Does that help?

OK, I’ve followed the instructions and I’m still not able to change the home screen art work. Not sure where to go from here.

Are you connecting through Plex, or directly via SMB?

If connecting through Plex, you won’t be able to access the artwork using the Plex connection. Instead, you will need to set up a separate connection (temporarily) using SMB in order to access the images.

Thanks James that was it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.