Home Movie Metadata

I’ve searched the forum for an answer to this but without success. I’m attempting to make my own metadata xml file for my collection of home movies. However whatever I do it doesn’t seem to want to use the information from the xml file. Is this a restriction within Infuse whereby custom metadata can only be used with movies? I am attempting to define an xml file under type “Other” and have used the xml template on this website but with no success.

Any advice on getting this working?

Are you streaming via UPnP/DLNA by chance? Unfortunately external items like XML files, posters, subtitles, etc… will not be available to Infuse when streaming via either of these options.

XML files can be used with all content types.

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I’m not 100% sure whether I’m streaming via UPnP/DLNA. I have the ATV4 connected via wired connection to a network switch along with the NAS drive. The Home Movies are stored within a folder on the NAS drive which I’ve added as a share to Infuse.

Sorry if this is obvious but any clarification appreciated.

You can check how you’re connecting by navigating to: Infuse > Settings > Shares > Share Name > Edit

Thanks James.

Protocol listed as SMB with address Synology.local

Hope that helps.

Ok, that should be fine.

Can you confirm you have given the XML file the same name as the video?

E.G.

My-Home-Video.mp4 and My-Home-Video.xml

If it’s still not working, please try attaching one of your XML files here (note you may need to change the extension to .txt in order to upload).

Yes exactly the same name as the movie. Have attached the xml file but edited the extension to .txt.

Hi James,

Any further information on the metadata issue?

Thanks.

Any news?

OK I sorted this through a support request. Basically it was due to the ‘&’ symbol being used within the xml file. You can’t use this symbol in the xml files. Once removed all worked.