Hide watched or in progress media

It would be nice to include a switch in the application configuration that allows you to hide the media you have watched or is in progress from the “Recently added” section (The section in the top of screen, near the “Continue Watching” and in the Apple TV home screen.

I mean configurable, not mandatory:

Hide watched or in progress media from “Recently added”? (True/False)

5 Likes

Agreed. This is honestly the ONLY thing that is keeping me from using Infuse. I’ve tried it a few times, but I have tons of media that I’m sharing via Plex for other people, so when I’d love to mark their stuff as watched, or even my own stuff as watched, and have it hidden.

A toggle would be great.

You could manually add new unwatched items to up next watching in the meantime and hide recently added.

I think it might be more confusing with that option than to have it automatically add to some sort of watchlist.

Would it be possible to have an option to hide the videos already watched? Especially from the list of posters for the recently added videos, which is also present in the Top Shelf.

1 Like

+1

It would be nice to see something, but I wouldn’t want every watched movie to disappear. For instance, if I recently got a movie and then watched it in infuse, yes, please remove it. But if this is a movie I watched five years ago, but I just got the blu-ray, then keep it in Recently added. That’s how I would like it to behave.

Yes, that would make sense. But I am afraid Infuse doesn’t differentiate much between different sources for the same movie. I wasn’t even able to make it fully distinguish between Blade Runner International Cut and Blade Runner Director’s Cut. I had added special posters on each poster and they used to get mixed up. It’s also true that for those particular movies the scrobbler (?) didn’t have the two different versions.

Can you reconsider this suggestion? Right now all the items on my home screen are already watched, making the home screen practically useless.

1 Like

Hi guys,

Is it possible to get a “Hide Watched” option.? This would be especially useful in the new library view where i don’t really want to see all of the Tv shows that i have on my NAS, just the new ones i haven’t seen yet…

Rich…

Would be great if you guys could include a filter to only show unwatched movies / series in my collection.

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

You can go to “Library” > “Movies” > Select “Unwatched”
and “Library” > “TV Shows” > Select “Unwatched”
:smiley:

Thank you for your reply :blush: that’s not exactly what I‘ve meant. I‘d love to have a possibility to hide all watched movies on the first page of infuse on Apple TV… so I could still see my genre lists… all unwatched sci fi movies, the unwatched Horror Movies List… and so one… maybe this view could group watched movies into a separate list, like a watch again list or something similar.

Gotcha, moved to suggestions. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah that’s also a feature I’m missing. That would be really great

It would be great if there was a setting to hide watched items in the settings menu. That way every time you went back to a playlist you wouldn’t have to scroll through it to find the spot where you left off. Also, you could have it only play unwatched videos if you selected shuffle play. I have a folder with short films that I would like to play randomly and not have it play ones that I have already seen. I also have some older tv shows that I like to watch randomly and have to constantly skip the ones it already played when using shuffle play.

Agree that there should be an option to have watched titles removed from the “Recently added” list.

I feel that the UI should prioritise the feeling of “freshness” every time we open the app. This feeling is missing with Infuse, because a user like myself who puts “Recently added” as the top row is really saying “show me what is new”, and that is pretty much saying “I don’t want to see the old (watched)”. Of course, the users who use it strictly as an archive would think otherwise, and as such, having it as an option should be a good balance.

Alternatively, let us have lists that can have multiple filter and sort conditions. For example, a list could filter to show only unwatched titles ordered by date added, or show unwatched titles ordered by release date.

1 Like