Hide TV shows “Extras” folders (and their contents) in Library

Put the extras on a different source location, then exclude it from the library

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion… but that doesn’t fix a bug.

True. But until the bug gets squashed, it’s a viable workaround.

Hey @james, can you include this much needed bug fix in the upcoming list?
Infuse disregard “Subtitles” and “Extras” sub-folders for movies (as it should), but not for TV Shows.

…still no fix.

(Replying because I am afraid this thread will just get closed and the bug will remain forever!)

#FingersCrossed @james

…still no fix.

(Replying to keep this thread alive, till a fix comes through!)

#FingersCrossed @james

…still no fix.

#FingersCrossed @james

1 Like

I was wondering why my .nomedia files only worked some of the time, and then I see I’m not the only one experiencing this.

1 Like

…still no fix.

#FingersCrossed @james

Heck at this point I’d be happy to see .nomedia work again.

1 Like

The most annoying bug of the Infuse software solution !!!

This is not currently available for TV shows, but could make sense to add for the future.

Moving to suggestions.

That is the intended behavior but .nomedia doesn’t achieve this any longer.

1 Like

@james I think you misunderstood. The bug (and the request to fix it) is not for TV Shows though. This isn’t working for the Extras folder within Movie titles. The change to the title of the thread makes it specifically for TV shows—which this thread was never about.

This is available when you have an ‘Extras’ folder included within a single movie folder.

If your folder contains the ‘Extras’ folder along with multiple video items then this will not be available. This is how Kodi works as well.

Thank you, @james. I understand how Kodi operates and that Infuse is built on its foundation. However, it seems like this a bug that even Kodi hasn’t anticipated, as their documentation doesn’t address scenarios with multiple versions of a movie in the same folder. Given that Infuse aims to enhance the Kodi experience, I was hoping this issue could be addressed by the Infuse. Infuse has already added significant value to Kodi’s core features, and resolving this would be another valuable improvement.

Infuse doesn’t actually use any components from Kodi, but Infuse supports many of the same naming and organization styles which are also available in Kodi - as this is how many people have their existing files organized.

I guess for now you may consider placing each video into its own folder and Infuse will still group these together into a single item while browsing the library.

Thank you for the suggestion, @james. I appreciate the tip about placing each video into its own folder. For now, I may consider giving that approach a try for a title.

But, since we are in undocumented territory here, could you please confirm the best naming scheme for these folders? Should I be removing the edition tag from the file names, or retain them and just include the edition tag suffix as part of the folder names?

Like…

Since you used the term “for now”, I’m hopeful that this unforeseen (by Kodi and Infuse) situation will be taken up as an active bug and resolved soon, so that everyone with multiple editions (& Extras) for a title, would not have to go through the exercise of isolating the editions into folders. Fingers crossed. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help!

I believe what you have shown in the After screenshots will be the most reliable option for items like these.