Help please

hi, I am very new to this forum so please have patience, and compassion for my lack of knowledge with things. I have a dilemma with my Apple TV 2. I had a friend jailbreak it for me, and I was a bystander watching and trying to pick up as much as possible. By mistake, and ignorance I clicked the Reset in the general settings of my Apple TV . This seemed to be my first issue. The proceeding wave of issues happened next. It was a tethered boot on an old laptop I had that had since died, so with my new laptop I installed the seasonpass app, and following old instruction I attempted to do tethered boot, but the only option that appeared as the create Ipsw option, when I clicked this I get a message that seasonpass was unable to save signatures for this Apple TV . My friend"the expert" said that it’s probably looking for shsh blob files in order to reboot ? I just want to get it back up and running.

Thanks everyone in advance for all the help and advice.
Scott

Also I do still have the old harddrive from my old laptop and am able to get files off of it if that helps. I tried getting the old seasonpass’is from it to my new laptop in order to do a boot but the same issue occurred , only the create Ipsw option was there.

Use iTunes to restore to the latest firmware. Then run seasonpass and it will downgrade and jailbreak (untethered) on 5.3 automatically.

[quote=Sufferinsuccotash]Use iTunes to restore to the latest firmware. Then run seasonpass and it will downgrade and jailbreak (untethered) on 5.3 automatically.[/quote

OK I will give that a go. Thanks for the help Sufferinsuccotash.

Scott

Problem solved: I downloaded firecores new installer, which contains old firmware versions for the apple tv, and ran that. It loaded old 5.3 firmware without a problem. I was good to go with it all jailbroken. Loaded up atvflash, and I was ready to roll. Thanks for the help.

I made a clear easy to follow jailbreak video and here is the link for it on youtube