Help Localize aTV Flash (black)

We need need your help translating aTV Flash (black) into other languages. 

In the past, we’ve found that the best translations come from those who actually use the software on a daily basis, and for this reason we’d love to have your assistance as we work to improve the usability of aTV Flash (black) for all.

Why help with localization?

• Help improve the usability of aTV Flash (black) for yourself, as well as family and friends
  • Receive two free lifetime licenses of aTV Flash (black) - one for you, and one for a friend (value ~$120)
  • Receive two FireCore branded USB flash drives (limited edition, and not sold in stores!)
  • Last, but not least, you will also receive an unfathomable amount of love, respect, and admiration from the entire FireCore team and our users around the globe

How to get started

1. Visit the aTV Flash (black) project page located at http://gengo.com/string/p/atv-flash-black-for-atv2-1/ to see which languages still need localization.
  2. If you can help with one of the incomplete languages, simply click the 'Request access' button. Enter your email address and note which language(s) you'd like to help with.
  3. You'll receive an email confirmation that will include all the details you'll need to get started.

Note: There may be more than one user working on a particular language, but everyone who helps will reap the benefits.

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

Update: We’ve had a huge response so far, especially from people willing to help with Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Swedish. For the time being, it looks like we have enough translators for these languages.

Update 2: We’re working with MyGenGo to find a way to get the notification emails turned off…for some reason notifications are going to everyone, and not just those working on that particular language. Sorry for the trouble.

Update 3: Thanks to all those who have helped with the translations thus far. In just under 1 week we’ve managed to completely localize aTV Flash (black) into 15 of the 18 languages available on the Apple TV! It’s truly an amazing feat, and we never could have done it without you.

Great! How do I claim my benefits?

Send us an email here: http://firecore.com/contact

What’s next?

Over the next week or so we’ll be locking the completed languages. Once this happens we’ll be looking for 1-2 ‘rockstar’ translators (per language) who are willing to proofread the existing translations and make adjustments to ensure there is consistency between all strings. If you’re interested in helping with this portion please send me a PM to get more details.

Note: There will be additional benefits available for this proofreading group, and priority will be given to those with past localization experience.

i Can help with Dutch translation

If you add Hungarian language, I would gladly translate it to hungarian, even alone!

That’s cool, I can help with Arabic and Turkish translation.

Unfortunately these are not yet supported by the AppleTV. Sorry.  :frowning:

I can help with Greek translation,i’m a mac user!

Done with the german translation :slight_smile:

I can help with spanish. Wich program do I have to use to open the .strings files?

Jep, we’re done. How did we get our copies of aTV Flash Black?

FB_Addon_TelNo{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; background-color: #0ff0ff;}

well, did you do this just for the aTV flash black? If so … sad :frowning:

i do it for the respect

name in aTV Flash (must have for AppleTV)

and lifetime lic :wink:

No, but now, were I can get one copy I would like one. :slight_smile:

I like translating programs, also when I dont get anything for it.

FB_Addon_TelNo{ height:15px !important; white-space: nowrap !important; background-color: #0ff0ff;}

i hope one license in my account by Downloads updated when new one is released

Note to spanish translators. It has to be done in third person, it’s more polite. Files are just text, opening them in TextEdit.

Hey after firecore invited you, you can enter the translation in your browser. You dont really need to download the string files.

yay, german was so fast translated :smiley:

Yes, German was very fast translated, but a lot of mistakes were there. Some things like “Select ‘Backup now’” contained the English “Backup now”, some spelling mistakes, grammar mistakes and some German words, which doesn’t exist and were taken from the English language. I checked everything and corrected it. It should be ok now. German is now ready :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes, I saw, that there were a lot of mistakes. I corrected someones too, but not every false.

Dutch Version also translated :wink:

Yeah, that was fast…

BTW: All German guys: Please check the translation for full stops and for quotation marks. Some have those " ", but as I know they make errors when using those in the translations, as they are for other stuff and limit other parts of the plist. It wouldn’t be good if the German version is completely broken. Use ’ ’ instead.