Help get 24p on Apple TV (Update: Now Available!)

Update 12/4/17: Apple has released tvOS 11.2, making automatic refresh rate and dynamic range switching available to everyone with an Apple TV 4K! ?

To enable these great new features simply follow these steps.

1. If you haven't already, update to tvOS 11.2 via Settings > System > Software Updates
  2. Update to Infuse 5.6.2 or later. You can check the currently installed version by scrolling to the bottom of Infuse > Settings
  3. Navigate to Settings > Video and Audio > Match Content and Enable Match Dynamic Range and Match Frame Rate (see attached screenshots)
  4. Sit back and enjoy silky-smooth video playback whenever you use Infuse! ?

Update 11/21/17: Infuse 5.6.2 includes automatic frame rate and dynamic range switching on tvOS 11.2! ?

Update 10/30/17: Hooray! Apple has added automatic refresh rate and dynamic range switching in tvOS 11.2. This update will allow Infuse to provide super-smooth video playback and will likely be out later this year. Infuse will soon be updated to take advantage of this great new feature.

Update 9/25/17: We did it! Thanks to everyone who submitted feedback to Apple, the newly released Apple TV 4K supports native 24p output - hooray! ? The one missing piece is now simply allowing apps to adjust this on the fly, without forcing users to change it manually via Settings. The suggestion template below has been updated to reflect this new request.

The Apple TV 4K supports native 24Hz output, but on-the-fly switching is not yet available. This is a change that needs to come from Apple, and as the old saying goes “The squeaky wheel gets the grease.” So...we're asking you to be as squeaky as possible...within reason of course.

Ways you can help

1. Request a feature or enhancement through apple.com/feedback
  2. Submit an enhancement bug report through bugreport.apple.com
  3. Encourage other people you know to do one of the above

A good template of the details to include with your request (courtesy of @siracusa) can be found below.

http://openradar.appspot.com/25133106

Most movies are shot at 24 frames per second. Apple TV 4K can now send 24 Hz video to the TV, which is great! However, this setting must still be set manually by the user.

Please allow tvOS applications (e.g., Infuse, Plex, DS Video, etc.) to switch to/from native 24 Hz video output on the Apple TV. All should be able to change the video output settings as they see fit when showing video files.

Even the ~$35 Raspberry Pi supports this feature. The Apple TV should too.

tvos-11-2a.jpg

6 Likes

Done.

Submitted.

Done and Done

Submitted

Done !

Done :slight_smile:

Submitted on both websites. :slight_smile:

Done

Done :slight_smile:

Submitted too :slight_smile:

1. Done
  2. Done
  3. Eh, I don’t like people. (j/k, Done)

Submitted today:

Also done right now :slight_smile: finger crossed

Submitted bug :wink:

Done :wink:

Done

Got a response to my bug report from Apple:

So I guess they are looking at these requests. Let’s hope they do something about it. The pre-existing bug report is still “Open”, but I was not able to figure out how to look at the ticket.

question, if now with the infuse 4.1 i have no judder or suttering, at 60p

whats the benefit of 24p?

i want too, but at the moment, works perfetly no?

It’s a subtle effect, and only visible in some scenes.