Help: Erased Movies file via SSH

Hello and thanks for this forum.

I was using Cyberduck and I just accidentally erased the entire Movie folder, instead of just a movie. I’m not too hopeful, but does anyone know how/if this folder and it’s contents can be retrieved?

Is it possible to directly access the drive in a way that I can run some recovery software?

Thanks for any help.

Not that I’m aware of. I know you can remove the drive and hook it up to a Mac and recover the files using Data Rescue or some recovery program like it. I don’t think you can run a recovery from a networked volume. I could be wrong, but if anyone else has any ideas, feel free to post them.

Thanks a ton for the reply. I was thinking that could be the only option. And it may be worth the trouble. I do have Data Rescue and there were about 30GB in hard to replace movies on there. :o
I’ve left the thing untouched since the mishap. Maybe I’ll crack it open tomorrow or Monday.

If you go to http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mac/ and you will find an AppleTV take apart guide. Of course this voids your warranty, we don’t endorse this and you should have some technical knowledge.