Help a newbee please

I have an apple TV version 2 with version 4.2.1 of the apple tv software.  If I try to jailbreak it with Seas0n pass will it work?  I know I will have to install version 4.3 but will it bet signed by apple when I try to restore in iTunes.

The current version of SeaonPass will jailbreak 4.3 firmware in untethered mode or the 4.2.1 firmware in tethered mode. At the moment Apple seem to be signing both although how long that will continue is unknown. You, therefore, have to decide if the inconvenience of using a tethered jailbreak is worth it to get some of the new functionalIty provided by the 4.2.1 firmware.

We do not have an ETA yet on the date for an untethered jailbreak of 4 .2.1 although I am sure that there must be fevered work going on to try and provide it.

You mean 4.4.1 in tethered mode, Right?  I just wanted to make sure that apple is still signing version 4.3 before I try to upgrade.  BTW is there a way to tell what versions Apple is still signing?

Thanks

yep = small type in the version.

I just wanted to make sure that apple is still signing version 4.3 before I try to upgrade.  BTW is there a way to tell what versions Apple is still signing?   Thanks
I am not sure that there is other than trying (and going by messages posted by others).