HDR/Dolby tags in 6.4

I’ve got a bunch of movies I know are HDR, but the tag is not showing.

How are these extracted ? My library is served from Plex

Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Here is another thread that will probably answer your question

1 Like

HDR badge does not work for me at all.

Have you refreshed the metadata on the HDR titles? Infuse doesn’t rescan all of your current files so refreshing anything with HDR will bring the HDR badge up but anything you add after will show the HDR if available.

6.4.1 is now available and adds a few improvements for HDR tag detection.

If they are still not appearing, you may need to use the Edit option on the affected file(s) to refresh the metadata.

I haven’t had a chance to rescan, but I will try it and see.

1 Like

Hi there, I was wondering if there is a different tag for Dolby Vision (like the official one) content. As I know I have some movies in Dolby Vision profile 5 (according to MediaInfo), but I only got the HDR tag.
Thx

Welcome to the forum!!

Here’s a possible answer for your Missing DV tag.

Thx for the quick answer!

Actually, my Dolby Vision file is a single-layer DV (profile 5,see below). So it should play as DV and not underlying HDR10.

MediaInfo: HDR format: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+EL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086.

I have followed the method exposed here: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&start=2415 to convert dual-layer DV file from .ISO bluray to 1 single-layer DV file.

Is this what you are doing? Might follow this thread:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.