HDD attached to Airport Extreme issues

As it states in the title. I have a USB drive (2 partitions, FAT32, partitioned using Disk Utility) attached to my Airport Extreme. I have enabled the disk sharing feature in Airport utility and used the ‘With Airport Extreme Password’ option to secure my disk. Guest are ‘Read only’

I have tried to add a share but the disk does not appear in my list of possibilities. I tried everything under the sun e.g. IP/NAME OF DISK; or AIRPORT NAME/DISK ; AIRPORT NAME.local/DISK etc. (in both SMB & AFP) to no avail. It will simply not connect at all. It gives me an error stating that either the network is unavailable or incorrect username/password. I used ‘guest’ as a username and the airport password stated above. 

Could anyone please direct me to what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers, 

Fred

nevermind, I’ve managed to do it in SMB. There was an issue with letter casing for my workgroup name. HOWEVER, I have a new problem :wink:

When I create a favorite in Media player, it works… until I try to open the favorite. The Apple TV returns an error stating that the folder doesn’t exist (it blooming well does!). It smells like a bug to me. Should I create a ticket?

Cheers, 

Fred

Can you try updating to Beta7 to see if things improve?

http://blog.firecore.com/5313

Thanks for your reply. I have updated and I can report the same issue. I’ll try with a HFS+ formatted drive and use the AFP protocol to see if that makes a difference. I’ll report here

Cheers, 

Fred