HD Audio to LPCM = 1:1 audio?

Can someone please clarify this for me, so I can put this to rest and save my sanity?

If I am playing a .mkv remux that has a TrueHD 7.1 or DTS MA 7.1, will the LPCM signal being fed to my AVR an exact 1:1 copy of the original track?

The only difference being that my AVR’s display will simply show Multi In instead of TrueHD and/or DTS MA, or whatever the case may be?

This is driving me crazy.

PS. What if the track is an ATMOS track, does LPCM also send a 1:1 signal?

Thanks in advance!

This users guide may shed some light on Infuse and audio for you. You’ll get as many different opinions as we have members here on what they feel is best but for me the PCM seems to be fine for everything so far.

Hi Bullseye, thanks for the quick response. I also did some research while I waited for a response and it seems that LPCM is indeed a 1:1 copy of the original track.

Infuse/ATV will decode the track and send it losslessly to the AVR as LPCM. This settles the dilemna for me. I can live with that.

Thanks again!

The only exception is Atmos; the Atmos data is not included in the LPCM conversion. You will get normal 5.1/7.1 TrueHD instead.

DTS, DTSX is great via Infuse but Dolby also good but? if input signal to my onkyo rz810 is Dolby than he add some special function like dialog norma. +4 or - and some of this things Woking only with source Dolby not with multichannel .

This make difference with sound.

This is great demo sound to compare multicha vs passthrough

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.