Have two parts of a movie (CD01 and CD02) appear as one?

The Lord of The Rings 4K trilogy + The Hobbit 4K trilogy.

2 discs for each movie, 9 discs for trilogy, 18 discs in total. Out on December 1st. Year 2020.

Worth it just for this release. Only problem is we still wont have full Dolby TrueHD Atmos!

Good news is that Hobbit is on 1 disc each. But the only other movie I had on two discs was LotR extended on blu-ray (and now 4K). But yeah, won’t be playing 4K with Infuse until I can at least do Atmos, Dolby vision would be nice too.

After LOTR EE release this should be top priority to implement to Infuse.

1 Like

But what about “Smell-O-Vision” for the movie Scent of Mystery? :rofl:

I think it would be great to extend the naming convention in order to support multi-part movies.
This is useful for old libraries with CD1/CD2 splitted movies.

When implemented the library will show multi-part movies as a single one.
During playback when CD1 file is finished CD2 file is played automatically.

An example:

/Movies
/The Dark Knight (2008)
The Dark Knight (2008) - pt1.mp4
The Dark Knight (2008) - pt2.mp4
<\code>

Plex implementation of this feature:
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200264966-Naming-Stacked-or-Multi-Part-Movies

I would recommend just merging the two parts together into one part. Use something like mkvtoolnix.

Thanks, I think is a good alternative solution.
But it would be great if this feature would be supported directly by Infuse.

I also posted in the main forum, didn’t see this one.
+1 for Stacking movies. Cleopatra Being one comes on two blu-ray disks.
I have them tagged like the Dark Knight is tagged above.

Need support for multipart movies.

say you have movies with the following names

Movie.cd1.mkv
Movie.cd2.mkv
Film.part1.mkv
Film.part2.mkv

now in the app they are treated as four seperated movies. but there are only two diffrent movies…

It would be really good for some older movies.

I can’t really find out if this has been answered or not in recent history…

Will Infuse support stacked movie files in future?

For instance:

disc1.<.ext>
disc2.<.ext>

I find it too cumbersome to edit the two files ending up with one combined file…(maybe I lack the right tools, I don’t know…)

3 Likes

It’s on our wishlist, but we don’t have an ETA available right now.

In the meantime, you an use an app like MKVtools, MP4tools, or AVItools to join files relatively easily. http://www.emmgunn.com

Request support for multi file movies. Like the way that plex does it. Make a folder with the name of the movie and put the 2 or more files in the folder with the movie name and part x as the file name. (e.g. Ben Hur part 1.mkv; Ben Hur part 2.mkv)

This is on our wishlist for a future update. :slight_smile:

It would be great if Infuse could detect when a DVD folder consists of multiple ISOs/disks, and handle both as a single entry. Right now it displays the same movie file twice with different times. For instance, 47 Samurai (1962) which is spread across 2 ISO files from 2 disks appears twice, with one 117 min entry and one 91 min entry, with nothing else to indicate which is part 1 and which is part 2. It should just display one entry and seamlessly continue to the second disk during playback.

2 Likes

+1

This is a very old request I made over 4 years ago: Multi-Disk DVD RIps - #4 by NC_Bullseye

I’ve many “special/extended edition” sets that need to just be grouped together to avoid redundancy. Each is from a DVD with embedded chapters, so we don’t want to lose those. With a flatter design in mind, I worked this simple example up:

Using your header as a guide, I’m suggesting this (see image attachment):

• (example; Return of the King) A transparent marker on the bottom marking the number of disks for the single movie
  • (example: Fellowship of the Ring) When hovered over, the circle expands to the (1|2) graphic, so you can see what's been viewed
  • When selected (not shown) you get a dimmed screen asking which disk to start, with the (1|2) letting you to swipe left or right to select the correct disk image and it begins as normal (resume, start disk)

It’s really straightforward, but it would let us manage multiple-disk movies more efficiently.

multi-disk-example_small.jpg

1 Like

As the title says, these 2 suggestions would make Infuse more complete as far as Plex integration, especially the multi-file movies. Please add these to future Infuse updates.

13 Likes

Multi-file movie support is really important. Without it, certain films cannot be fully watched.

1 Like