Have two parts of a movie (CD01 and CD02) appear as one?

I’m also wondering about this.

hi~ any plan about this function? maybe 5.8?

1 Like

I think this is a dying issue. The movies that are split between disks have just about disappeared due to the higher capacity disks. Even in the time of early DVDs and VCDs most have been remastered onto new media in a single piece of media.

The few that I’ve had I’ve managed to join them into one file and all is good.

Obviously this is not a practice nowadays, but unfortunately a lot of people (and some of them have shown this concern in this thread) keep a lot of movies split in two files which does not have remastered versions… Could I join the files? probably, but I don’t have the time to expend looking for tools, dealing with audio/video sync, or any other possible issues, and I also keep subtitle files… so when I buy a SW which was expected to handle it (as stated in the thread)… I would appreciate, at least, an answer from product manager in terms if the feature remains in the roadmap and if it is in there, a tentative date/version.

whilst there may be fewer and fewer movies split over discs, this issue still exists when DVDs have a 2nd disc full of extras. It’s really annoying to the main movie recognized but the extras languish in the 'OTHER" folder. So a way of combining or recognizing “extra features” is needed now more than ever.

The “Extras” is a different problem. That’s something that has been suggested also but with a different implementation.

hey NC,

Could you elaborate? I have a few of these split movies as well and like to concatenate them. I would have no idea how to do that

Hi Frankje

Here is is a link to a nice little tool I used years ago back when I was on windows to either join, split the movies. it worked really well for me and is available on both windows and Mac platforms!
http://www.hjsplit.org

Lee

It’s been a while since I did that and honestly don’t recall which software I used. It was tedious but for the few movies I had it wasn’t too bad.

I saw one recently that I have not yet tried but for free and it appears to handle the bare necessities for joining that it may be worth giving it a shot. It’s here Free Video Cutter Joiner– Easily Cut, Split and Combine Video Files Also leeroy has given you another possibility so make sure to work on copies and give it a go.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, I’ve decided to give AnyMP4 a go and play around with it.

I’ve been using MKVtoolnix and it works really well.

So, is there a way to merge two different parts? I didn’t find any evidence in Metadata 101

There’s currently no way to have multi part movies separate in Infuse but you can merge the segments into one fairly easily.

There’s a suggestion for this where you can add your support.

1 Like

Thank you.

Anyway I’m really tired to pay for a not so innovative app.

You promised a lot of exciting features such as Philips Hue integration but you still don’t support such a stupid thing like this.
I switched to Plex.

I’m not a Firecore employee but I’m curious as to why this feature is still desired. I haven’t seen a new multi disk movie in years since Blue Ray tends to cover the longer movies. Most if not all of the two disk movies are from the DVD era and those can be easily joined into a single file which makes maintaining files easier than having 2 or more files for one movie.

Again, not saying it’s wrong but just wondering if it’s really a need any longer.

The Lord of The Rings 4K trilogy + The Hobbit 4K trilogy.

2 discs for each movie, 9 discs for trilogy, 18 discs in total. Out on December 1st. Year 2020.

Worth it just for this release. Only problem is we still wont have full Dolby TrueHD Atmos!

Good news is that Hobbit is on 1 disc each. But the only other movie I had on two discs was LotR extended on blu-ray (and now 4K). But yeah, won’t be playing 4K with Infuse until I can at least do Atmos, Dolby vision would be nice too.

After LOTR EE release this should be top priority to implement to Infuse.

1 Like

But what about “Smell-O-Vision” for the movie Scent of Mystery? :rofl: