Have to wait

Thanks for making the beta available but to all of us who upgraded to 4.2 for the Airplay features, there is not going back to the old firmware. So I will still be wating for a current jailbreak before trying ATV Flash.

+1

wish someone had mentioned this.

Same here, can't jailbreak with the latest official firmware installed.

Wish i knew this before i bought this software. Been trying for hours to get it into DFU mode with no luck, highly annoying. No mention of this when your oder the software

Sorry, currently the beta is only compatible with the 4.0 AppleTV software. We're working to have 4.1 compatibility available soon.

is there no way of going back to old firmware???

is there any idea when it will work for 4.2 or do we have to Inform Paypal to get the Money back?

I don´t think at will take a lot of time for pwn group to release the update version of pwntool to jailbreak 4.2.1 apple tv. Stand in the same situation, just bought the software and got know at it works just with 4.1. For those of you who just counters days,  here are 2 god sources about apple tv jailbreaking: http://www.appletvhacks.net/ and http://appletvblogr.com/. As soon as developers release the new jailbreak it comes in these sites. FireCore, please update the tutorial for installing and jailbreaking of apple tv at it currently it works just with 4.1

and no, there´s no way to roll out the update

As someone who just shelled out 20 bucks for a jailbreak app, I feel that I've been duped.  Nowhere was there any sort of mention that this doesn't work with the latest firmware.  I don't mind waiting until the update comes out but you guys should really be more up-front with your potential (now current) customers.

Oh well, too bad there was no mention of not being for 4.2. Guess I been duped :( I even ordered the micro usb cable. Well, here's hoping compatibility comes along before my 'year' runs out.

just got email from scragster : At the moment you can jailbreak the Apple TV on iOS 4.2 but it is a tethered jailbreak and ver complicated, it is not worth anything to jailbreak it. The Dev Team and Comex are working on an untethered jailbreak for this, we will post at soon as this is out!

One of the things that attracted me to this software was the fact that supposedly we didnt have to jailbreak anything

Hello,

http://thetechjournal.com/electronics/how-to-jailbreak-apple-tv2-on-ios-4-2-with-pwnagetool.xhtml

:)

[quote="stevefuentes"]

One of the things that attracted me to this software was the fact that supposedly we didnt have to jailbreak anything

[/quote]

LOL, who told you that? =O

I agree about being duped. On the homepage for aTV Flash, it says "Installation is a snap and doesn’t require any physical changes to the AppleTV" but nowhere does it mention that your aTV has to be jailbroken first.

For uber-techy people, this might have been obvious. But I'm a designer who has never jailbroken anything, and I think it's a little disingenuous that they're not completely up-front about what is required to use the software.

Had I known, I would have still pre-ordered it, but I would have done so knowing that I have to wait before I use it. I support small development teams, but a little transparency for less technical people would be nice.

After checking on my Apple TV, I still have the 4.0 software, is there anything I can do to get this working? When I follow the instructions and got to the ‘restore’ bit in iTunes I get the message…

“The Apple TV “Apple TV” could not be restored. This device isn’t eligible for the requested build.”

HELP!

Do a google search for Tiny Umbrella to save your SHSH blobs. Then when you want to go back to a previous firmware at any time, start the TSS server from Tiny Umbrella and you will be able to restore to a previous firmware.

You will have to buy the USB cable in order to do this.