Hanging after downloading Apple TV update

I just purchased ATVFlash and I am trying to create the flash drive for the first time.
I get as far as downloading the Apple TV update, but when it reaches 100% it just
hangs there… I let it alone for 20 minutes afterward without any progress. I tried
this on my Powerbook G4 running 10.4.11 and my new MacBook Pro running 10.5.6.
The weird thing about this is after the download I seem to loose my connection to
the internet (maybe still has the connection monopolized?) until I cancel out of the
download.

If a file was downloaded, I do not know where it is or what the name is.
Any ideas?

Mark

It appears that the progress bar for the downloader is less than accurate… :smiley:
I noticed that during each attempt that a new file was added to the aTV Flash drive
all with different sizes. I decided to let it run for much longer and it finally did
complete.

I have the aTV Flash successfully installed on my TV and now I am installing
the Smart Installer, while waiting a long time for the download!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Verizon for slowing down my DSL
service when they gave me a bundled price :x

Hi, I’m currently experiencing the same problem - apparently the download is showing as 100% and have left it there for over 20mins.

Oh, as I’m writing this the file is now copying to my USB… wish me luck. :slight_smile:

Nelson

I’m having the same problem. The aTV Flash application appears to be downloading the “update file”. But when it gets to 100%, it just sits there. Left it for a long time, still sitting there doing nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? I restarted, no other applications are open (except, now, Safari :). I ran the app from within the Applications folder, after copy it from the mounted disc image, as instructed.

Any help would be great!

If any of you are having problems downloading the file through the application, then download it directly and choose it when you run the aTV Flash application. Here’s the direct download for 2.3.1: http://mesu.apple.com/data/OS/061-5816.20090224.At23V/2Z694-5587-18.dmg

Hi,

I am also having this problem. I cannot directly download this when the installer tells me to and I have tried to download the Apple TV update file directly, as per the previous post, but the link no longer works. Every time I try to install aTV flash I am asked if I want to “unlock the magic” and yes, I do, so it is extremely annoying not to be able to!!! Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks