Getting root access

Hi,

I’ve searched the forums but can’t really find an answer. The question is does anyone know the root password? Sorry if it’s in the forum somewhere I just can’t see it.

I have been toying with the idea of installing slingplayer.

I deleted and then recreated the Applications folder as per the installing firefox thread, so as to give the Applications folder frontrow/frontrow permissions. I was then able to copy the slingplayer folder over via scp.

If I run the slingplayer.app from the applications folder in nitotv , the slingplayer launchs and I can see some dialogue but I assume because some fonts are missing I can’t see everything I need to and the application doesn’t proceed any further. I don’t know if it will work if I get the font’s over but I have to start somewhere.

I then went on to my mac, found the fonts folder and tried to copy it over to the fonts folder on the appletv but then I stalled. I was not able to copy the extra fonts over and wasn’t able to delete the folder to recreate it, all because it’s owned by root. I then tried copying the fonts over into a folder I called fonts in the contents folder of the slingplayer app, rebooted but still nothing; I didn’t think this would work but I figured it was worth a shot.

Does anyone know how to get root access or a possible work around? I really want to get slingplayer going.

Thanks,

Andrew

im needing the same thing