General questions before I buy the app

Hello everyone!

First of all I would like to just say home much beautiful this app is! It looks astonishing!

Now, before buying the app I would like to ask a few questions. Yes, I read the FAQ, checked the info in the app store, and read the documentation. However I would like anyway to get assured if Infuse can get the job done.

Here are the questions:

I hate copying files to my iPad. I hate transcoding and conversions. I ONLY stream videos from my computer (Windows 7/ Ubuntu) to my devices. I always use subtitles (.srt format).

1. Using SMB from Windows (the usual share directory options) will I be able to stream videos (as the original video is, without conversion)?

2. Same question but with local FTP.

3. I usually have external subtitles with the same name of the video file (video.mkv and video.srt) in the same folder. Does subtitles work under SMB and local FTP? Are subtitles automatically enabled or do I have to specifically enable them? Generally if streaming from SMB and FTP subtitles should be automatically on screen. Can you confirm this?

4. Is it possible to search subtitles in databases (i.e. OpenSubtitles, Podnapisi, etc.) and automatically add them in the video?

5. I play 720p and 1080p files generally in MKV or MP4 format. Sizes vary from 700 MB to even BluRays of 20 GB. Is Infuse limited to any video file size?

I really look forward to hear from you :slight_smile:

UP :slight_smile:

Sure thing.

Yes - streaming via SMB without any conversion is supported.

FTP streaming is not yet supported, but is planned for an upcoming version.

Yes, external SRT files are supported. There is a global option that allows you to determine if subtitles are always enabled or not, and you can also enable or disable subtitles for a specific video, as needed.

Downloading from OpenSubtitles can be done on the fly. We’re hoping to add other databases in the future as well.

Infuse itself doesn’t have a cap on the file size it supports, but you could run into issue with very large files if the iPad is used in areas with poor Wi-Fi signal.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for taking the time to read everything and answer my questions. Definitely gonna buy the app!

Infuse has simply no rivals and with the DTS support (that I read is going to be implemented, no E.T.A.) is going to be simply outstanding!

Again, thank you :slight_smile: