G Suite "Download Quota" API Ban

@NC_Bullseye @james - previously I provided some inputs on the GDrive log records while navigating on the movies list. I have also did the same while playing a movie for a short period of time. The movie is 14GB. Accordingly to the log below, GDrive registered 125 download entries, 1.750 TB in size in total, for 31m and 2 seconds of playback.

Please find the GSheet with the data: inFuse-Download-Problem-Movie-Playback - Google Sheets

Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for providing this additional data for context… hopefully it can be resolved somehow/someway… and thank you @NC_Bullseye and @james for your continued support :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha that’s almost 8Gbps. I think google needs to adjust their amounts. They are obviously doing some sort of estimating and doing a terrible job at it. Have you filed a report with them?

Yes, it looks odd. I have and others have too. The answer I got is that every download line in the audit/log means a full file download regardless whether or not the file has actually been fully downloaded.

1 Like

Thanks for this info.

We’re looking into this to see if there’s anything that can be done here.

1 Like

Hi @james, is it possible to add one feature to the infuse settings? If yes please make it simple and add s.th. like „manual google drive“ or “api protection google drive” which sets infuse to only catch file names. I think we could all live with this feature and it could make the work for you as easy as possible. (For me as example I don’t need the information if its hevc, Fhd, dts, or what ever to be fetched for each file I looking at. Means I don’t need this feature at all, so a setting for this could be in settings at all). Thank you

1 Like

Awesome! Thanks for your effort to help us out on this one. The idea given by @unkn0wn (G Suite "Download Quota" API Ban - #53 by unkn0wn) is pretty cool if you consider that people that uses GDrive as source have downloaded the content first which means that they know their contents’ features.

Hi James. Is there any news on this one? Thank you!

@James are there any news on the subject? like the others here, i have the massive problem of getting into the ban again and again. During a 40min series Infuse downloads the series about 90-100 times according to google audit-log.

edit:
if it helps i can provide my logs?

1 Like

It seems Google has some awkward logic for tracking network and API usage.

We have some additional improvements in this area coming soon in 6.4.8 which can reduce the number of API calls by 80-90% in some cases while streaming.

3 Likes

That is good news, @james - will it also have some improvements on the API calls while navigating through the content libraries?

That sounds great. Thank you for keeping us in the loop on this!

1 Like

It adds a few improvements for browsing in some cases as well.

3 Likes

Awesome, @james - I can’t wait to start testing such improvements. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello Guys! I’ve just reached you… I’m having the same problems with GSuit drives. Specially with large 4k videos.

Hope to see a fix from Infuse side soon!

Thanks for all the contribution.

6.4.8 is now available on the App Store. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing! The google drive optimization is automatic or do we have to turn on/off some configuration?

It will be automatic after installing 6.4.8. No settings to adjust.

In a short test I have the same effect in the logs of gsuite a 30min series is “downloaded” within about 3 minutes over 50 times.

This is expected, as this is how Google tracks access. The only way around this would be to download the file in full prior to playback, which isn’t feasible in most cases.

What has changed in this update is a reduction in the amount of unnecessary calls which can have an impact on bans.