Full Menus and Missing Metadata on Complete 4K Backups (Windows SMB)

Hi Guys,

I have my complete library of 4K movies, decrypted and baked up on a 10Tb drive connected to my Windows 7 Pc and the file structure is “movie title (folder)-> AVCHD (folder)-> BDMV and certificate (folders). When I access the movies AVCHD folder with my Oppo 205 it plays just like the disc giving me the Top menu and setup choices but when I access this folder with Infuse Pro 6.0.5 the movie begins to play with no Top menu and the metadata is missing.

Is there any way to have Infuse recognize the Top menu and access the metadata? I’ve tried creating a BDMV shortcut with the AVCHD folder with no success. Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks,
John

Infuse does not currently support DVD or Blu-ray menus. This may be something we look at adding in the future, but we don’t have any kind of ETA right now.

What you can do in the current version, if you want to access things like special features, deleted scenes, etc…, is to select from the various ‘Titles’ available in the Video section of the Playback Menu (swipe down while a video is playing).

Thanks for the reply concerning menus. I did notice the pull down menu is a way to change audio, add subtitles, etc. Is there any trick to get the metadata in this kind of folder setup? I’ve read the Linx operating system (NFS) can pull metadata if there is a shortcut of the BDMV folder placed in the same folder as the AVCHD folder and I tried this but it didn’t work (Windows SMB).

Is there a way to have Infuse pull the metadata in this kind of setup?

Thanks,
John

Infuse should be able to display the correct metadata for BDMV folders, as long as they are placed inside of a folder with the movie name.

EG

MOVIE TITLE
… |___ BDMV
… |___ CERTIFICATE

In this case, Infuse would recognize the MOVIE TITLE folder as the playable item, and display metadata for it.

There are some cases where adding an intermediate AVCHD folder allows compatibility with other devices (like Oppos).

EG

MOVIE TITLE
… |___ AVCHD
… |___ BDMV
… |___ CERTIFICATE

This structure isn’t supported in Infuse right now, but is on our list to add in an upcoming version.

As you know, I also stream to my Oppo 205 which requires the “AVCHD” folder to process correctly therefore I must accept the fact, as of today, I’m unable to receive the metadata. I’ll keep an eye on future updates to see when this capability will be added to Infuse.

Thanks again,
John