FTPS/FTPES (SSL) Support

Hi all (and hoping james :slight_smile: ),

Would it be feasible to have a FTPES support on Infuse (iOS & tvOS) ?

As 6 millions of french people, my ISP is Free, and as we are lucky, the set-top-box is a NAS, with powerful functionalities.
I use the integrated hard drive as the source for Infuse (on iOS & tvOS) and it’s working perfecttly (FTP, SMB) on a local network.

The only lack is that is impossible to access the server by Internet via FTP/SMB.
There is a web interface with the ability to share the content to anyone, but of course Infuse can’t access to it.
Today, i share the web link to my family & friends for let them download the content, and view it on their devices.

A few months ago, they updated the box with the possibility to access the server by “the outside” via FTPES.
It was the missing function for me to make “sell” Infuse to all the persons accessing my NAS via the web, and that’s why i was asking if there was a possibility to have FTPES support.
It will be magic that it would be accessible directly into a share in Infuse, all over the world!

I still tried with SFTP, but it’s not the same feature.

• I am ready & over motivated to make some tests
  • I will be ready to pay to have this function :slight_smile:

I attached a screenshot of the set-top-box, just in case.

Thanks a lot.

10 Likes

Hi,

Me and my familly are pro users since few months and I sent a email few weeks ago about a possible support of FTPES. Because in France we have an ISP that have a NAS included into the Modem/router. This ISP is well known for his fancy and geeky functionalities and is used by alot of power user.

But to connect from outside on it, it only support FTPES. (Local use SMB/FTP without any issues)
Even with redirecting port 21 to 192.168.1.1 (or whatever IP use the router) it doesnt work, the ISP must have blocked it.

I’m also ready for testing the feature if you need to.

Love,

jeffk.

So it may be possible ? :slight_smile:

Come on, its just Explicit over SSL/TLS, in 2019 we should encrypt everything, especially over WAN connection, don’t you think ?

When I test it with https://ftptest.net/ (recommended by FileZilla) its working.

1 Like

Please ?

1 Like

Add an option to use FTP with SSL/TLS. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Add the ability to connect to servers with FTP TLS/SSL

1 Like

Any updates for this feature ? I’m hopping that it will be available anytime soon in the app.

It’s tagged as “Planned” in the topic so it’s on Firecores radar but no ETA yet.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

Hello all,

First of all, I would like to say thank for this very good app!

Currently I only miss one feature: FTP over SSL (FTPS). Since I use a FritzBox as a router and I would like to access my movies over internet I am forced to use a VPN connection to remote access my drive. Unfortunately the VPN connection speed on the FritzBox routers is very slow. The only alternative option I have is to use FTPS which is not supported by Infuse.

Is it possible to add this feature in the future?

Best regards,
Alexander

Yes, you are!

I’m also in the same case. Infuse is almost perfect for me, it’s the only little thing missing… maybe one day we will have the ftpes support !!!

1 Like

Me too, I’m looking to use FTP with SSL/TLS.

Is there any update about this feature?
I am waiting for it to turn into pro version

Note this thread is tagged as “planned” and you can see what that means here.

You can see what is in the planning stages for upcoming releases here.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

I’m also looking for FTP with TLS, it’s the only way to connect to a server that I would like to integrate with. Looks like we’re close, do we have any TestFlight users here that might already have access to it? :slightly_smiling_face:

Like Papa Smurf said, not long now. :hourglass_flowing_sand:

You’ll just have to wait for the imminent release. :wink:

1 Like

Today’s 7.4.9 update adds support for connecting via FTP and FTPES. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble connecting over FTPES

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.