Front Row with movies on external hard disk ?

Hi, if I put the DVDpedia plugin for Front Row (http://blog.para9.com/post/367371688/front-row-plugin-2-0-6) on my Apple TV (with ATV Flash) on which is connected an external USB hard disk should be possible, using the link field present into Front Row in DVDpedia section, to point to a movie that resides on the external USB hard disk and watch it ?

I just read over the web that is possible to let Front Row using data outside the Home movies folder using an alias to external hard disk but I don’t know if Front Row on Apple TV is able to see it ?

Thanks, regards.

Roberto.

There is a DVDPedia plugin for the AppleTV, but unfortunately this requires AFP which most newer AppleTVs will not support.

Hi, I found this via a web search:
[color=#00BF00]Step 1
Firstly, copy the sshd binary from your Mac to the AppleTV drive:
cp /usr/sbin/sshd /Volumes/OSBoot/usr/sbin/.
Next, copy the ssh.plist file over, so launchd knows to start sshd on boot:
cp /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ssh.plist /Volumes/OSBoot/System/Library/LaunchDaemons/ssh.plist
Alternatively, you could use the contents of the file from above to create an ssh.plist file.
Step 2
Unmount the OSBoot and Media volumes, reassemble your Apple TV, and power it on. You need to get the IP address of the Apple TV from the Settings menu, once you know that, open a Terminal window from your Mac (or any OS that has ssh installed) and type:
ssh frontrow@your.apple.tv.ip.address
Press return. Type “yes” when it asks if you want to permanently store the key. Then enter “frontrow” as the password.
You’re in.[/color]

This should solve the problem you’ve mentioned ?

Thanks and best regards.

Roberto.