Frame rate

Hi there. I am seriously considering buying the new apple tv 3 and using the firecore software (when it becomes available). I have two questions if someone could help please.

Will the firecore software allow for match frame rate; i.e will it adjust the frame rate to the content that is being played? Ssame as XBMC basically.

Does it have internet apps like BBC iPlayer, lovefilm, netflix etc?

Thanks

You should be aware that there seems to be a significant chance that it could be a long delay before a jailbreak for the ATV3 becomes available.

I have two questions if someone could help please. Will the firecore software allow for match frame rate; i.e will it adjust the frame rate to the content that is being played?
No idea

Ssame as XBMC basically. Does it have internet apps like BBC iPlayer, lovefilm, netflix etc?   Thanks
No.  The FireCore Media Player is basically about playing Media that you have on your LAN.   It has no plugin-architecture to allow for other media sources to be provided by third parties.  It might be possible to play some internet sources via the Couch Surfer browser but that is probably not what you are asking about?

I have the same question about framerate.Does it support 23976 fps playback. If not , it is unusable for my .srt subtitles synchronized with this fps (also others 24.000, 25, 30 ). I am sure that some people who want to watch .mkv with subtitles…

Yes, 23.97, 24, 25, and 30 FPS content types are all supported. You should have no issues with SRT file syncing as the files will be played back at their native frame-rate.

The original poster was asking about frame-rate matching, (IE set Apple TV video output to 24Hz when playing 24FPS content) this unfortunately is not currently supported.

Thanks for the reply James; so am i correct in saying that unless you adjust the frame rate on the atv output to match what file is being played, it will result in  juddery playback?

I am using the WD Live streamer at the mo and was really keen to switch to the atv using firecore but perhaps i might wait until this feature becomes available in your software.

Even though the Apple TV is fixed to 60Hz output, the 24 FPS content will automatically be displayed as 30 FPS through a process called 3:2 pulldown, or telecine. This process essentially converts 24 FPS (film) into 30 FPS (video) so it can be displayed on most TVs. More info on this process can be found here: http://www.moviola.com/book/export/html/269

The reason newer TVs are starting to support higher refresh rates such as 120Hz is that both 24 and 30 divide evenly into 120, removing the need for the 3:2 pulldown process. Unfortunately however, since the Apple TV is fixed to 60Hz output it’s not (yet) able to take advantage of your TV’s 120Hz processing.

Bottom line, pulldown occurs for all 24 FPS films played on the Apple TV (whether through Media Player, or any of the native Apple TV menus) and will go unnoticed by the majority of people.

Hope this helps.