Forward / Backwards buttons 10 second skip

Recently the native player received an update so that the left / right command results in skipping forward / backwards by 10s.

Any plans to add this to Infuse’s video player? I enjoy this on Kodi / Plex on my Nvidia Shield and I’m really happy to see it being adopted by Apple in their native player.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Go to “Settings” > Playback > Chapter Controls

This gives you either a skip to next or previous chapter or you will get the 10 seconds either way. :wink:

Sorry I should have been more specific… It doesn’t work this way for third party remotes like the Logitech harmony remote + hub. It has the old FFWD action from older Apple TV’s where you can scrub forward at three different speeds.

I don’t have the Setting chapter Control.

Sorry, that’s only available in the tvOS version.

Please click on the like in the first post of this thread to add your support for the feature:

As the OP said, since tvOS 14.3, Apple changed the behaviour of the default player. A quick press on D-pad right or left during playback now performs a 10 second skip forward or back. A long press on these buttons operates the normal seek mode. It would be great if Infuse could match this default behaviour for consistency and convenience.

There is a suggestion from a couple of years ago which was being looked at. Hopefully it will get implemented now that Apple have shown the way.