Flash support not clear to me

I have an Apple TV v. 2.2 with the lastest aFlash ver 3.3.4. Any time I go to any website using flash my controls freeze up. I found these instructions on this board but they don’t help me…

1. Locate /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudioKit.framework
  2. If using the restore discs, you can use a software program call ‘Pacifist’ to extract the file (http://www.charlessoft.com/)
  3. Using Cyberduck or WinSCP, copy the CoreAudioKit.framework to the Apple TV, to the frontrow (default) folder
  4. Open Terminal, and enter the following.

Code: Select all
ssh -1 frontrow@appletv.local

Enter frontrow as password when prompted.

sudo mv CoreAudioKit.framework /System/Library/Frameworks

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreAudioKit.framework

Okay, so I finally figured out what an FTP program was, downloaded Cyberduck, finally figured out that I could access my Apple TV box through the ftp site. I found the Coreaudiokit.framework file and copied it onto the FTP directory as a folder.

Now it says to “Open Terminal.” What’s a Terminal? I can’t find anything called terminal. And then I’m supposed to enter code? I’m not a programer and this doesn’t seem easy to me. I paid $50 to watch Hulu on my TV through this program after reading raves about it in Popular Science. But I’m now stumped with getting Hulu to work.

If anyone could give very straightforward, basic instruction for us non-programer idiot types, it would great.

Okay… so how else do I get support?

Yeah, the posted instructions didn’t work for me, unfortunately, either. I had no trouble finding a copy of CoreAuditKit.framework since I have an older Intel Tiger DVD. Using Fugu, I moved the folder over, moved it and chmod the folder and after a reboot still no joy. I just see the blue box placeholder where Flash is supposed to be in Couch Surfer…sigh.

Make sure you are copying the CoreAudioKit.framework and not CoreAudio.framework. The names are very similar, and easy to get mixed up.

The next version will include a more streamlined way to install Flash.

Yeah, got the correct framework…not sure what the issue is. The md5 hash matches the one on the akwardtv forum tutorial (http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Safari_HD) for both the plugins and framework. And I double checked I set the permissions to root:wheel recursively.