Flash installation fails

I installed flash before all the nitoTV applications an it was successful. I still have no flash but the CoreAudioKit.framework directory exists under System. I tried to reinstall flash and I get this error: “Installation Failed! Adobe Flash installation failed, popping controller in 5 seconds”. Well nothing happens it just sits there until I go back to the main menu. I have read the WIKI and can’t get this to work. I just purchased this today and am bumming this isn’t working. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Just to add on. I have now tried to place my CoreAudioKit.framework file from 10.4.9 and then one from 10.4.10 into the docs folder and re-run the install flash script and they both failed with the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I got that error too, but when I went to couch surfer, flash was working… I tested with adobe.com (they of course have flash on the front page).

I had the same problem. Fixed it with the help of this earlier posts:

http://forum.atvflash.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=53&start=100

Note that you need to make a zip of the framework on your desktop machine before you copy it over. You don’t need to use Fugu, which is an FTP client. Cyberduck or whatever else you’ve got will work.

If you get an error message at the unzip, you need - in terminal, while you’re SSH’ing - to change directories:

cd documents

Then continue with the unzip commands as in the above post.

I rebooted, then installed Flash again (even though I’d previously done so.) Rebooted again.

I tested Flash by using CouchSurfer (listed as “Internet” in the main menu) and going to Adobe’s test URL:

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

The second item is Flash, and it should show the “Red F” logo, rather than the broken box symbol. The first item is shockwave, which will still not work.

HOWEVER, this still didn’t make Hulu work - which was operating just fine before the update murdered it. Sigh. See my related post.

that link is dead, can you post how to do it. im having the same problem

If the Adobe Flash installation fails, that is usually indicative that Adobe Flash has been previously installed through another means.

If Flash video is still not working, you are most likely missing the CoreAudioKit.framework file.

We have a guide for installing this file manually at the link below. Follow the steps under ‘Advanced Installation’.

http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Enable_Flash

have tried this and still not working.

how do you uninstall flash so that i can start from scratch??

i also am in the same boat as lanky8804
i followed the CoreAudioKit.framework instructions. still no flash. I even tried restoring my apple tv to factory defaults, still no flash
HELP!!!

I have an identical issue operating on v2.4 ATV.

Completed instruction for advanced Flash installation. Unfortunately, it did not work.

Desperate to sort this.

Flash worked great with ATV 3.6.2. With this newest version, NOTHING.

"If the Adobe Flash installation fails, that is usually indicative that Adobe Flash has been previously installed through another means.

If Flash video is still not working, you are most likely missing the CoreAudioKit.framework file.

We have a guide for installing this file manually at the link below. Follow the steps under ‘Advanced Installation’.

http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Enable_Flash"

Now with that copied, I’ve tried these instructions and at the end of the day, NO FLASH. No flash with firefox. No flash with Boxee (more importantly Hulu and Major League Baseball - no MLB games to view). No flash with couch surfer.

I’ve removed 3.6.3 and set my ATV back to factory settings; updated ATV to O/S 2.4; installed ATVflash 3.6.3; copied coreaudiokit.framework file (Tiger version) over; ran smart installer and at the end of the Day there is NO FLASH.

Let me be very clear about this, these instructions do not work. Yes, I have webplugins enabled. Yes, coreaudiokit.framework is on ATV. But understand this:

FLASH WORKED WITH 3.6.2. So, whats the solution? I’ll take 3.6.2 back as I am a two year subscriber to this product. Thank me very much.

:roll:

ive done the exact process… STILL NO FLASH

I was experiencing the exact same problems and lack of solutions trying all of these suggested tips. I was finally able to fix the problem and am currently watching hulu videos through boxee. I have copied over the CoreAudioKit.framework so that may or may not have something to do with the fix, but you also need to copy the Flash Player.plugin to the Internet Plugins folder on the ATV. Go to http://www.atvflash.com/maint/Flash100452.tgz to download the files and then copy the Flash100452.tgz (my Mac added.tar which did not interfere) to the ATV in the Internet Plug-Ins folder. After rebooting the ATV, hulu videos now play on boxee. Note, the Flash Plug-In on the ATV under Install Extras still shows as not installed and it still will not install, but the flash videos still work.
Good luck!

I got an email asking me to renew today. I am more than willing to renew, but only once this problem is fixed so that Hulu, etc. works like it used to work. I came here to see if things were working right without causing the buyer of the product to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the functionality it used to have, but it does not appear that it has. I was a big fan of ATV Flash before the Flash stuff broke, and I’ve been waiting for six months or more for something to get done about it other than point us to all kinds of work arounds. It needs to just work, like it used to do, and when that happens, I’ll be happy to re-up my subscription. I had high hopes coming in here, but am leaving with the same negative impression I have had since last year when it stopped working as it should.