Flash for You Tube, CoreAudioKit.Framework

I understand I need a A CoreAudioKit file. Is there any out here that can lead me into the direction that one could find such a file:)

I found the CoreAudioKit.Framework on my Recover Discs and in my system folders on my iMac. However, I’m running Leopard and not Tiger. So the adobe flash is not working for me on my ATV and Boxee will not play videos from any of the applications. Any ideas?

Unfortunately we can not give it out due to copyright issues. You will have to find it elsewhere if it happens to be online somewhere or ask someone here, but we can not give it to you. Sorry.

I used Pacifists http://www.charlessoft.com/ “Open Apple Install Discs” on my old Mac OSX upgrade (Tiger) DVD.

I am so unfortunate that the only OS X 10.4 install disks I have are non-Tiger. Would anybody be kind enough to send me the correct CoreAudioKit.framework, so that I can get Flash to work?

I have managed to get hold of three CoreAudioKit.framework folders, two allegedly from 10.4.10 and one from XCode 10.4u, which also is supposed to work. They all have different checksums using md5 though, and all different from the checksum given in http://wiki.awkwardtv.org/wiki/Couch_Surfer#Adding_Plug-In.27s_.28AppleTV.29. Also common to all of them is that after installation according to the aTV guidelines, Quicktime apparently does not cooperate with Perian/Flip4Mac and Flash, so that Couch Cruiser cannot show flash videos and Window Media Player files. So although aTV Flash is a streamlined way to expand the power of AppleTV, it seems that the recommended procedure will not allow flash and WMP files. Has anybody at all managed to achieve this using the aTV Flash procedures?

Very interesting tarkr.
I have been corresponding with the atvflash support and although they confirmed my version of CoreAudioKit works for them I still cannot watch flash streams on ATV using CouchSurfer (after copying the folder and running the Flash installer again, the files disappear from the documents folder; when trying to open the streaming URL using CouchSurfer the finder reboots).
I also wonder if anyone else managed to stream flash or wmp files over ATV using atvFlash (the main reason why I bought atvFlash)

Edit: Why didn’t Apple (simply) added a Internet browser with streaming capabilities to their new 3.0 ATV version? (as they did with Youtube and Internetradio)

xcell wrote: “Edit: Why didn’t Apple (simply) added a Internet browser with streaming capabilities to their new 3.0 ATV version? (as they did with Youtube and Internetradio)”

i believe the answer is that Apple sells ‘episodes’ on iTunes and having a browser that streams content from hulu, cbs, etc. will impact revenue. having said that, i don’t think anyone in their right mind would want to purchase 0.99 episodes of their favorite shows, hence the popularity and success of streaming portals like hulu.

now - i want flash to work on CouchSurfer. hulu does work within Boxee. however, the quality of the video is poor. audio is good, video is choppy. i have the CoreAudioKit.framework file and have followed the install instructions to the tee – i get a blue question mark box.

how is this issue resolved?

tarkr wrote:

“I have been corresponding with the atvflash support and although they confirmed my version of CoreAudioKit works for them I still cannot watch flash streams on ATV using CouchSurfer (after copying the folder and running the Flash installer again, the files disappear from the documents folder; when trying to open the streaming URL using CouchSurfer the finder reboots).
I also wonder if anyone else managed to stream flash or wmp files over ATV using atvFlash (the main reason why I bought atvFlash)”

i get the exact same error. i kindly ask the dev team to please provide a way to provide a fix for this issue. i need hulu to work. by that i mean, a clean, non-choppy video feed. heck, i can’t even get flash working within Couch Surfer, so i don’t know how well the video is rendered. if i get hulu clean and clear, it will make me feel that this aTV Flash is well worth the $49.95 that i paid. if not, i’m done with this project.

one week. that’s how much time i’m willing to give the dev team. if i need to open a “support ticket”, let me know how and i will do it. one week will determine if this little “project” is really worth the money and time.

Tarkr: Although I can understand your frustration very well I would keep in mind that the dev team is probably currently working hard to make atvFlash working with the new ATV version 3.0.
My correspondence with the support showed me that they are willing to help but seem to face unforeseen hurdles.

Regarding myself I will wait (as unfortunately upgraded to ATV 3.0) until the dev team has come up with a new version themselves and try to run the Flash installer again (maybe there is a fix until then available, too).

I read on the AwkwardTV wiki that you should be able to get the CoreAudioKit.framework from the 10.4u folder in the SDK, however I used the CoreAudioKit.framework from a set of 10.4.6 cd’s that I had for the restore of an iMac at work.

I created a zip archive of the actual framework file, SFTP’d that to the ATV, unzipped the framework via the commandline then ran the Flash Installer. This has worked well for me with no problems everytime.

I had an issue when trying to SFTP the framework as a directory. Transferring it as a zip file seemed to do the trick. If I get a chance tonight or tomorrow, I will remove the CoreAudioKit.framework that I have and try the one from the 10.4u SDK. I have also found that Hulu and some of the other Flash-based players seem to work better if you have the Shockwave plugin working as well.

Andy

Andy, this approach looks very promising.

Questions -

1. “unzipped the framework via the commandline” - would you mind providing the actual commands you used?
  2. “seem to work better if you have the Shockwave plugin working” - can we get steps on how to do this?
  3. you are using CouchSurfer as your browser, correct?

Again, my goal is to make hulu work. I want hulu and i know i’m not the only one who wants a really tight hulu experience with ATV.

thanks in advance.

I’m having the same problem. I can’t wait until there is a fix.