Firmware restore failed

I had a previously jailbroken ATV2, was having some issues with it, so I decided to re-jailbreak it. Now it is stuck where I can’t get it to boot up when connected. I run the Jailbreak process, and every time, it ends with ‘Firmware restore failed’. I’ve done all the regular stuff with changing cables and trying different usb ports. It does go into dfu mode. But ends with a fast blinking light. Log file says:

DateTime: 27/12/2014 08:48:03 Message: Output received: ERROR: Unable to connect to device in restore mode
DateTime: 27/12/2014 08:48:03 Message: Output received: ERROR: Unable to open device in restore mode
DateTime: 27/12/2014 08:48:03 Message: Output received: ERROR: Unable to restore device
DateTime: 27/12/2014 08:48:03 Message: Process: idevicerestore.exe, args: -c "

Any ideas?

I had this problem when installing Kodi 14 Helix on ATV2. I tried all manner of suggested solutions, cable in, cable out, cables in the out then in etc, to no avail.

Having read the final post on a thread on another forum, I tried switching from using my laptop to my son’s desktop. It worked first time.

I don’t know if it is a usb power issue or something to do with buffering or what have you, but it seems that laptops may be an issue.

Suggest you try too.

Edit: Just spotted that it was a post on this forum and I added a thanks

Yeah, tried it on my laptop first with the ‘firmware restore failed’, with a mac laptop it was some other type of firmware related error… Power connected, disconnected, reconnected, none… Get power at first, once in DFU mode, all seems to be powered, and remove the power from there on…