File names ignored in favour of downloaded metadata - even if local metadata selected

Hi there

I have been ripping my Seinfeld DVDs which come with copious extras. I put all the episodes in the same folder and let Infuse sort them into Seasons. I put the DVD extras in a separate sub-folder and give them helpful names like Inside Look - The Bubble Boy.mkv.

In the past, this would have shown up in the app as Inside Look - The Bubble Boy and I would know what I was going to watch.

With this DVD, all files appear as Seinfeld - Season X (Disc X). This occurs even if I choose Use Local Metadata for this folder.

I have had a similar problem with Doctor Who - Power of the Daleks. My custom XML files are being ignored and every file is given the onscreen title of Doctor Who - The Power of the Daleks, regardless of how I name the file, or what custom XML file is provided.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Tom

What type of device are you streaming from? Are you using UPnP or DLNA by chance?

Unfortunately, external XML and artwork files won’t be available when streaming via UPnP or DLNA.

No, that’s not the issue. It turned out to be that MakeMKV had set the “title” property for the MKV file and Infuse was trusting this over the file name and even over the details in the custom XML file. I ran into Windows permissions issues trying to delete the contents of that field, but MKVToolsGUI came to the rescue and now these special features are showing up using the file names as I wanted,