When I use Infuse to select a movie from my database, I get erratic file names.
Looking into the movie volume with the Finder shows a correct list of files.
But Infuse shows a number of files with totally different names.
In stead of “name-movie.mov” a name like VTS_01_0.
Sure, if the name is still not correct after you turn off embedded metadata then in Infuse, when you have the video highlighted just long press on it and you’ll get the option to “Edit Metadata”. Select that and then in the list it provides select the correct one for the file.
I tried, but without success. Selecting a title now gives a picture of the “title page”, but the file name did not change.
What I do not understand is, that the file names are stil the original names when I look into the folder with Apple’s Finder.
So, Infuse seems to store the new, erratic names somewhere.
See attachment. (sorry, I didn’t notice)
Five filenames with the same name for five different movies (this alone violates every rule…):
When I click and hold, I can change Metadata. Type he real title of the movie. At right the correct name appears. When I click on that name, the result is the same, no change.
I am not exactly sure about it, but I suspect Infuse is getting the file name in the metadata and not the one in the file system. I would download MediaInfo (from MediaInfo - Download MediaInfo for macOS) and then check with it if those videos have those names embedded in them. If such is the case you should find a way to edit or delete those from the metadata. How to do that I dunno, I never did it.