Few Enhancement Requests

Before I say anything else, just want to make sure I mention that so far I love the app and that it is already way beyond that embarrassment app Apple calls Computers. Here are my few ideas that would at least make my life easier:

Play Next Unwatched
Pres play on remote when TV show is selected (Ex. The Big Bang Theory) and next unwatched episode will start. This behavior exist on individual seasons (Ex. TBBT S08). If I press play on S08, it plays the next unwatched episode.

Aired Date
On TV show detail pane, along with season, episode number and episode title, it would be very helpful to list original aired date.

Custom/Dynamic Order for Favorites
Currently favorites are sorted automatically in alphabetical order. If I want specific ones to be next to each other, I have to rename them to make sense to me (Ex. TV Shows (New), TV Shows (All) etc.). Great way to implement this would be with long-press and be able to move icons around, much like you can on Apple TV home screen.

Premade Icons for Favorites
There should be few generic premade icons available for favorites. I do realize custom ones can be assigned but it’s a bit of a hassle to create them for every combination. This wouldn’t need to be more than 10 or so.

Remove from Library
Ability to manually remove specific files from library only. Ex. I have an original .mkv files and also there is a transcoded .m4v version. Both show up in the library. Add option on long-press to remove from library permanently but leave file in place.

Filter File Type to Import
This could help with above. Specify which file type/extention to import into library. Ex. only import .mkv.

Better Auto-Matching and Metadata Edit
Ex. filename “01 Pilot (1080p HD).m4v” which is TV show episode has matched to “PilotsEYE.tv - Sonderflug 01. Mai 2007: Nordpol” which is a documentary. While filename is not much go on and mismatch is understandable, once this file has been flagged as a movie, it will not allow me to search for a proper TV show and episode match. Provide ability to manually search by showID on TVDB or smiliar service. Perhaps have an optional custom setting to specifiy what you consider TV show - 60 minutes length or less = TV show, 60 minutes or more = movie. That’s just an example, I am sure someone can come up with better way.

Time When Video Will Finish
This already exists in tvOS when you tap once you get the time counter for the video - how far in the video you are and time remaining, if you tap again you get actual current time (3:45 PM) and what time it will be when the file finishes playing (4:50 PM).

Mark Entire TV Show as Watched/Unwatched
Currently, I have to go to each season and mark it as watched which is helpful but sometimes I need to mark all seasons as watched/unwatched but going in and marking each season is tedious. Better solution would be the same behavior at the TV show level.

Up Next List - Recently Added Watched/Unwatched
Currently Up Next Recently Added shows everything that has been added to the library. Need either an option to specify whether to include watched, unwatched or all. Or at least have a watched/unwatched flag on the thumbnail, like it is for the rest of the application.

4 Likes

Mark Entire TV Show as Watched/Unwatched
Currently, I have to go to each season and mark it as watched which is pretty helpful but sometimes I need to mark all seasons as watched/unwatched but going in and marking each season is tedious. Better solution would be the same behavior at the TV show level.

You could put your transcoded movies in a different folder and exclude that from your library. That’s what I am doing since I have a transcoded version of every original that I use on ipad.

Check out metadata 101. Make sure that you have season and episode, also need show name depending on how it is setup. I recommend include show name in case you download to device, otherwise it can’t decode this since it has no reference to show anymore.

+1 on the other items

No, I realize the naming of the file was bad and I was only using that as an example to illustrate an issue with edit metadata option in the app, where it is hard to correct the issue without re-naming the file. The whole point of having a metadata based management system is that you don’t have to rename or move files around :slight_smile:

Better Auto-Matching and Metadata Edit
Ex. filename “01 Pilot (1080p HD).m4v” which is TV show episode has matched to “PilotsEYE.tv - Sonderflug 01. Mai 2007: Nordpol” which is a documentary. While filename is not much go on and mismatch is understandable, once this file has been flagged as a movie, it will not allow me to search for a proper TV show and episode match. Provide ability to manually search by showID on TVDB or smiliar service. Perhaps have an optional custom setting to specifiy what you consider TV show - 60 minutes length or less = TV show, 60 minutes or more = movie. That’s just an example, I am sure someone can come up with better way.

This one is really getting annoying because there is no way to correct it once it has flagged a TV episode as a movie. Especially episodes for shows that are labeled correctly but I guess because they don’t have a traditional s01e01 naming, they are not considered TV episodes. Really need to be able to correct this in app.

Examples:
VICE.News.Tonight.2017.11.27.1080p
conan.2017.11.27.rainn.wilson.720p

Both of these series do have season and episode numbers on thetvdb.com which is what infuse is currently using for tv series so if you updated the file name to include series name, season and episode information as on thetvdb.com then they should match as a TV series , eg

VICE.News.Tonight.S02E32.2017.11.27.1080p
conan.2010.S08E09.2017.11.27.rainn.wilson.720p