Feature to change video streaming quality on Infuse

Hello, I’ve been trying to request this feature to Infuse by contacting them by email, and they still didn’t respond after 2 emails sent. Anyway, I just wanted to suggest a feature which allows users to change video streaming quality (or change maximum bitrate) when watching a movie or TV Show, and this would be really useful for people with slow internet connection, like me.

I’m currently using a home media server (Emby) on the Beta version of Infuse Pro 6.4, and whenever I play a movie, it just keeps buffering and loading the video (in the highest quality) as I’m watching, and it’s really annoying. Unlike Infuse, the Emby app itself allows you to change the maximum bitrate, which in other terms helps you change the video streaming quality.

Personally, I think Infuse has a better interface than the Emby app. However, the Emby app has way more features. So I hope someday, if you (Infuse Team) ever respond to me (because right now you’re not responding to any of my emails for whatever reason), you could add that same feature (change the video streaming quality or change maximum bitrate) in future updates of Infuse, and it would really be appreciated for many people. Thank you

1 Like

Yes, I had suggested this as well in the Beta forums. Infuse would need to be able to use Emby transcoding for this. Seems like it would only have to report to Emby the max bitrate and it should be otherwise automatic.

1 Like

Transcoding is not yet available. Currently Infuse will direct play everything ( same for Plex ).

Transcoding has been announced to be planned for later versions.

1 Like

I don’t see any announcement in the official thread: Upcoming Features (updated 5/12/20)

I do see this:

Versatile transcoding options for Plex

Which is not Emby. Are you sure there is an official announcement that it is planned? I would expect it to be in the upcoming features thread.

1 Like

We just released emby and jellyfin so technically before this week nobody was asking for it. Although since it will probably a different technical solution, it doesn’t hurt to have a separate thread for Emby. It might be planned, and James just hasn’t updated that list yet.

1 Like

I am pretty sure, that I read a statement from James somewhere regarding transcoding in general and Plex / Emby / Jellyfin in detail. Its planned for a future update, but not yet on any Roadmap. Could have been in the Beta Forum though.

1 Like

Updated for Emby

1 Like