Fanart options for different seasons

Hi James :wink:

Is there a way to use different Season-Fanart for each Season?
How I must name the Custom-JPG to do this? :wink:

1 Like

Hi @James,

as asked in the Beta discussion thread here is my suggestion for diferent Fanart for TV Show Seasons.

With the modern UI Option we finally got unblurred fanart. I want to suggest to enhance that feature to allow different Fanart per TV Show Season.

Emby and offer to setup different fanarts per season and using one or the other as metadata organizer for Infuse, it would be easy to setup different fanart per season.

Also for the non Emby/plex users it would be easy. jut search for fanart in the season folder or have fanart named like fanart-season01.jpg in the main folder

3 Likes

Hi @Christian1979 ,

I’ve asked that in the Beta discussion for 7.0 RC2. James replied, that I might add this as suggestion after 7.0 was released.

So thanks for remind me.

2 Likes

Hey James :wink:

It would be great if you could make it possible to use Fanart for each Season, because I use Custom-Fanart only for all my Movies/Shows! So it’s not relevant if on TheMovieDB are not so much Season-Fanarts available :wink:
And I want to make a different Fanart-Background for each Season.

This could simply implemented by naming the JPG this way:
season 1-fanart.jpg
season 2-fanart.jpg
season 3-fanart.jpg

Is this possible this way? :wink:

5 Likes

agreed! this would be perfect for custom fanart! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

1 Like

agree this would be the perfect way, even if it isn’t using the TMDB at least give the option for custom fanart

@james please take a look at what @Christian1979 is suggesting as for me, and I guess all other users, this would be the perfect setup for total customization without making any abrupt changes to the overall platform. That way, if you want to customize, you can. If you don’t want to, you don’t have to.

2 Likes

I agree with you, a simple and effective method that would allow us to define the seasons our favorite series, I had spoken about it a few days ago but without answer

that would be great

2 Likes

Hi James
sorry to talk again and again about this missing option

Why not take advantage of plex, emby or jellyfin which can use the fanarts for each season .Infuse uses the same posters and fanart chosen in these applications, why not take the opportunity to choose the fanart seasons
or let us design it by adding the option (choose the illustration …) please

1 Like

Hey James, sorry to be blunt why did you guys then switch to fanart hero views that cannot be switched off in v7. This makes no sense whatsoever, why is Sopranos s4 showing me an outdated fanart from s1. Like seriously, who on the team looked at it and said “this is good, let’s release this” :brain: :boom:

2 Likes

Please, don’t do a version where the episode artwork is the big image on the bg.
It will look just messy
The ideal is to be able to choose which image goes there
If it’s the only solution, please make it optional so the people that don’t want it can stick with the older version
Thanks

Don’t understand, what you are saying. This thread is about having different Fan art per Season in the Background. So that whatever episode in a season is selected the same Fanart is shown in Background but having different Backround in Season 1, Season 2 etc.

This thread is not dealing with episode art (the small thumbnail for the episode) These are not supposed to be taken as Background (FanArt)

2 Likes

Same Problem
I am using Infuse 7 connected by plex
custom fanart for each season in plex (Manually Doing)
but infuse shows only one Fanart
Why?

You’re posting in a suggestion thread requesting this feature be added to Infuse.

Don’t forget that you need to click the like button on the first post in this thread to show your support for this suggestion! :wink:

I had already asked the question because I use plex and emby, which have their fanart per season. but I had no answer, we are using the plex skip intro option. why not use plex to diversify the fanarts because they do exist ?

@james I see you quietly changed this to planned!

Thank you all the same, look forward to seeing this as a feature.

2 Likes

is there any updates on this now 7.1 is out?

If you keep an eye on this thread you’ll see when it’s scheduled.

TVDB does in fact support season-specific art (whether that is accessible via the API Idk) and it’s a shame TMDB does not. Displaying random art seems to be a short-term solution to the problem that would please people but my suggestion would be for people to spam TMDB forums requesting this specific feature. There is a 2018 suggestion but obviously more people requesting the feature might be what it takes to have the TMDB developers look into it.
https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5b03bf700e0a2623bf0244fe