Hello. I’ve been using Infuse Pro for years so much satisfied. I use Infuse Pro 7.x for myself and Infuse 5.x for my kids.
It has been several days Infuse Pro 7.x says it failed indexing my HDD attached directly to the router(SMB protocol) while Infuse Pro 5.x successfully indexes and shows me updated media data everytime I try.
My network is as follows:
TV - ATV(4K 3rd gen) -(1GB ethernet wired)- Router- (usb 3.0) - HDD
I’ve sent two diagnostics from Infuse Pro 7.5.4(4425) with these codes: 7383Y and F861C.
I tried rebooting the ATV and my router seperately and I also tried deleting and re-installing Infuse Pro 7.5.4 which didn’t work for me.
I’m using iCloud syncing and the Trakt sync as well. Can I have a solution for this? Thanks in advance.
Are you using the router as a server? It sounds like the settings in the router may have changed. You may want to check on the router to make sure the ATV still has permissions to read and the name and password are still the same.
Can you identify any differences in which the devices on which you have Infuse 5 installed (for your kids) are connected to your portable hard drive, compared to the way the Infuse 7 devices are connected — specifically in the Infuse settings that set up the share?
Which devices are running Infuse 5 and have you attempted using one of them to test Infuse 7 from a different device (to rule out issues specific to your primary Apple TV)?
Yes, Infuse 7 and 5 are both installed on the same ATV:
ATV(4K 3rd gen) - (wired ethernet)- Router- (usb 3.0) - HDD
It was 7.5.4 until yesterday but yes, I see it’s been updated to 7.5.5(4434).
I checked every admin page for the router’s settings but I couln’t find any changes that could’ve lead to current status.
BUT, I happened to solve the problem trying a new approach that I still don’t understand why only this worked:
I selected “Forget this Share” in “NETWORK > Shares > SAVED SHARES > [my router] (SMB)”
Then my router’s name appeared in “AVAILABLE SHARES” again and I selected it again as SMB connection.
As I haven’t set a password for my router’s network share, I left Username and Password blank as it had been like that for years as well as MAC address section.
I tried to save the share setting and Infuse gave me an error message that it couldn’t reach my share(forgot the exact message).
Then I went back to my router’s settings page to try(hardly believing this would work) set a password for read/write access, and entered it to the SHARES setting screen of Infuse 7.
I also entered the MAC address and the Workgroup name for my router as well, which again were never done before.
I saved the share setting again and Infuse 7 accepted that magically.
I could load up my folders to the library and now Infuse 7 is indexing my library!
Again, I have no memory of either having my router’s HDD set with a password for network share or entering my router’s MAC address in Infuse 7’s settings page.
As my Mac’s Infuse also has been saying the Indexing failed for my router’s HDD(SMB) from the same day when ATV’s Infuse 7 failed reaching the SMB share, I’m going to do the same thing for the Mac version.
Oh, then and I set the same Username and Password for my Infuse 5’s Shares setting now the network folder is set to require passwords and the connection was succesful without a problem.
Happy to enjoy Infuse 7 again for now but still curious why things have changed or what I have missed.
It sounds like something updated in your router to provide better security, and your Infuse 7 installations were denied access (perhaps after they updated and needed to reestablish their links).
Infuse 5 hasn’t been updated in a long time so possibly continued accessing content because the router had already been granted access and Infuse 5’s lack of updates never broke the connection … or perhaps Infuse 5 lacked the ability to communicate on the newer protocols used by the router to maintain secure connections.
First troubleshooting steps would be verifying your settings per instructions here; removing the Plex share from Infuse as explained by the user above and reconnecting to it; and then possibly deleting the Infuse app and reinstalling it if updating to current version has already occurred.