EyeTV Diversity direct to aTV.

Hi everyone,

I just purchased firecore’s aTV flash (black) software and my… it certainly unleashes the AppleTV’s potential; steaming .AVI (DivX) is super easy and the whole jailbrake, install and configuration experience was amazingly simple.

I have one question though: can I use the Elgato EyeTV Diversity on the AppleTV without OS X (I’m running Win7 x64).

By this, I mean simply having a micro-USB <==> USB hub <==> USB tuner (EyeTV) setup.

Any pointers in the right direction are really appreciated.

• timeimp

You can’t use that with AppleTV as far as I know, but you can use it with Windows 7.  Not sure about x64 but I had it running on a netbook with Windows7 Ultimate x32.

Kyteflyer, thanks for the heads up! I figured that the .app won’t work on Windows but their “TerraTec Home Cinema” installs. My main question is can I use the tuner directly plugged in to the AppleTV and use the ATV as a digital receiver?

I do not know anything about eyeTV. However I think that in principle you are asking about plugging a hardware device in via the microUSB socket! If so this will not be possible as the hardware on the aTV2 is only capable of supporting the micro USB socket in slave mode. This means you cannot connect any sort of USB peripheral device via this port.

itimpi - Bugger. So there’s no change of getting it to work? Any software that has the ability to capture a streaming device than, provided I can get it hooked up to the network (somehow)?

[quote]

Any software that has the ability to capture a streaming device than, provided I can get it hooked up to the network (somehow)?   Unfortunately not.  I know there are lots of people who would love to find a way to allow the USB port to control a peripheral - although in most cases they are talking about a USB disk drive.   I would love it if someone found a way around the hardware issue but I think it is unlikely or it would have happened by now.

No network streaming software that I know of for the ATV2.   That does not mean it is impossible - just that I have never seen a mention of doing it before.

In short, no, it won’t work with the apple TV. 

I found a plugin for Windows Media Centre which allowed use of eyeTV, it was as good as the eyeTV software on my mac, I thought.