external usb drive don't work in 3.4.0!

every version something else goes wrong!

this time - no external usb support… it’s just not working. i did the manual’s step by step, same as always, and it’s not working.

now my whole library is not on the apple tv.

thanks a lot atv flash - i’m gonna ask this again: WHY DON’T YOU CHECK THE APP BEFORE RELEASING IT?!?!!?

this is not a freeware: it’s an expensive-ware. act like it.

I think I have the same problem or where can I choose the externel drive?

http://forum.atvflash.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=151

same issue also!

upgraded to ATV 2.3, fan ATV Flash 3.4, all good except USB hdd access!

We need help

went into my atv with cyberduck, i still have the intel download file mentioned in the link above in my documents folder.

anyone tried setting this all up again from a clean install?

Alon, do you treid this out?

Alon, do you treid this out?[/quote]

GeoPod, i tried it, didn’t work, i still have the file in my docs folder when i installed the upgraded ATV Flash

GeoPod, i tried it, didn’t work, i still have the file in my docs folder when i installed the upgraded ATV Flash[/quote]

Thank you, so there is nothing to do at the moment?

Alon, do you treid this out?

GeoPod, i tried it, didn’t work, i still have the file in my docs folder when i installed the upgraded ATV Flash

Thank you, so there is nothing to do at the moment?

i’m going to try a system restore and start from scratch when the wife goes to bed, hopefully update later

GeoPod, i tried it, didn’t work, i still have the file in my docs folder when i installed the upgraded ATV Flash[/quote]

I didnt understand what you are really talking about. Which file ist still in the docs forlder?

1. Download the file located at: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ … intel.html
  2. Using Cyberduck or WinSCP, copy the downloaded DMG file to the Documents folder on the Apple TV.*
  3. On the Apple TV navigate to DVD > Settings > Install Software.
  4. Select the Smart Installer. Once the installer completes, restart the Apple TV.
  5. Restart Apple TV
    *Once the installer completes, the DMG file can be removed from the Documents folder.

. Download the file located at: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/ … intel.html

The file above that the download link points to, which is needed by smart installer to support USB etc, is the file that is still in my documents folder on my ATV.

does that make sense?

This is the file from the post Alon made, earlier in the thread.

Just transferring a few films from the ATV to my itunes library now, will be factory restoring afterward, will let you know.

Same troubles

well, ive done a factory restore, updated to 2.3. installed ATV flash 3.4, copied the combo update over to the documents folder, run smart installer and i can confirm that… USB is NOT working!

help please ATV Flash

yes… i did… not working. the sad thing is that there is no way back… if i’ll do a factory restore i’ll end up with a very old version that atv flash won’t work on (at least not this version) and if i’ll do an update it will update to 2.3 which can only be hacked with 3.4.0 - and that ain’t really working…

it could be great to get atv flash’ official comment.

+1
I had done a factory restore, updated to 2.3. installed ATV flash 3.4, copied the combo update over to the documents folder, run smart installer and have USB is NOT working!

Anytime you update the Apple TV software, or install a new version of aTV Flash the Smart Installer must be run to get USB and network streaming support back.

The Combo Update file in the documents folder is not affected by an update, so it won’t need to be copied over again, but you will need to run the smart installer again.

Also, double check that version 3.4 is installed, and not a previous version. Previous versions will not work correctly on the Apple TV 2.3 software.

As per my post above, USB does not work.

I have factory restored, upgraded to 2.3, installed ATV flash 3.4, copied over the combo file, run smart installer and it does not work.

I tried this after simply trying to upgrade from a running system.

+1
I also do the upgrade from 3.3.5 (2.1) to 3.4.0 (2.3) - and USB won’t work. After that I did the factory restore to 2.1, upgrade to 2.3 and install atvflash 3.4.0 from scratch. Of course after putting the OSX update file in Document folder I’ve start the smart installer. In both cases USB devices NOT working.
Tested on HDD-USB which works fine on 2.1+3.3.5 just few hours ago

It’s working here, and worked fine in beta testing. I will talk to nito and see if he has any insight.

I am also unable to get USB to function. I have tried doing a factory restore and reinstall of ATVFlash 3.4 multiple times with the same results. I even tried using ATVFlash to enable only SSH and FTP and then installing NitoTV manually but that still didn’t work. I have verified that USB will enable if I don’t upgrade to AppleTV 2.3 (leaving my ATV at its default version 2.1) and install ATVFlash 3.4.