external drive not showing

My aTV w/Flash worked fine until I updated it today. Now, my external drive is no longer shown under NitoTV. When I choose Files, it just says folder is empty or unsupported. When I go through Sapphire, it finds the drive and the content, and I can find it under ATV Files as well, but I can’t play dvd media through ATV Files. The external drive is not in Nito TV, and when I connect to my AppleTV with Filezilla, it’s not there, either. In fact, when I connect with Filezilla, it doesn’t show the Desktop folder anymore, either - it only shows Applications, Documents, Library, Movies, Music, Music Playlists, Pictures, Updates, Video Playlists and atvflash folders.

This is a huge deal for me, because most of my movies are .dvdmedia files that I played through NitoTV. Anyone help?

You may try restarting the AppleTV and connecting the external drive after the main menu appears.

Having same exact problems. Have been trouble shooting for about 3 weeks with no success. Help from anybody would be helpful

What type of drive are you using? Are you using a Mac or PC? The AppleTV will support drives formatted in Mac OS and FAT32 format.

I appear to be having the same issue. I have installed ATV Flash and the smart installer, restarted ATV with my External drive attached. The drive was formatted on a mac osx journaled but it is not showing up in Nitro or through Cyberduck. I’ve tried turning the drive on and off while ATV is running. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Has the Smart Installer been run? (http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Smart_Installer) What size is the drive?

I’ve run the smart installer a couple of times. The drive is a 1.5TB iomega prestige. The drive and media show up when connected to a mac. I have one of the first gen ATV’s 40G.

Is the drive being connected before or after the AppleTV is powered on? You may try connecting it after the AppleTV has started up an the main menu appears, some drives just seem to prefer this way.

Is the drive being connected before or after the AppleTV is powered on? You may try connecting it after the AppleTV has started up an the main menu appears, some drives just seem to prefer this way.

I’ve tried both connecting before and after start up. Still nothing. Should I try and reinstall ATV flash? The 40G ATV drive is full. Any other suggestions?

You may try re-running the Smart Installer. http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Smart_Installer

Just out of curiosity what is the name/label of your drive?

You may try re-running the Smart Installer. http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?titl … _Installer

Just out of curiosity what is the name/label of your drive?

I’ve re run the smart installer a number of times. The drive is a iomega prestige 1.5 TB.

I have the same problem using a Seagate 1TB Expansion External Drive. My 140GB ATV is also full (or close to it) could this be a contributing factor?

Steve

What is the format of your drive? Are you using a Mac or PC?

Have done all the same things without any help. The funny thing it was working perfect before the latest TV flash update.
When the drive is connected to the computer I can see everything. It has something to do with Nitro because XBMC does see the folder and can play the movies off the hard drive?

Help is appreciated…and yes I have run the installer many times