Exhausted Data Stream Error

I am having trouble viewing media files on my iPhone or Apple TV. When I originally subscribed to the Infuse app in 2018 everything setup fine and I was able to view the media shared on my desktop PC running windows 10. In January 2019 it stopped connecting for some reason. I have not been able to get it to work since. Now every time I try and connect or add new files it gives the error “Data stream exhausted”. See attached image. I have tried connecting usingdifferentl SMB versions and depending on the version, it gives different errors.

ds.png

Welcome to the forum!

We’ve had a few reports from users who have noticed Windows 10 has, at times, disabled sharing when installing updates.

You might double-check to ensure SMB sharing is currently enabled on your PC, and the correct username/password are being entered into Infuse.

More info on enabling sharing can be found here.

Hi,

I double checked all my sharing settings and SMB and they are the same as they were before I started having this issue.

Hi There, I just started to have the same issue even with a Shared device that is already set up, just wanted to add another shared folder from the same device and now I get the same “exhausted data stream error”

I have tried everything and nothing works.

You may try switching the SMB version in Infuse.

The option for this can be found under the Advanced tab of the share’s settings.

Switching to SMB2 or Legacy can help with some devices.

Hi James and all,

Experiencing the same thing. Windows 11. Worked perfect before, have other shares, no issues accessing. When I add one, it gives me exhausted data stream error. I deleted the app, now I can’t add any stream, same error. Anyone figure this out? All share settings are correct. Thank you
!

Hi there,

I saw this topic before, but recently experienced the same. I’m tech savvy and have my network dialed in, and all windows 10 and 11 settings are correct for sharing. Suddenly receiving this “Exhausted Data Stream” error. For existing file shares, it works (like other users reported), but adding new, it fails. And then I deleted all shares and re-adding same error.

Can you please help? I love the app and service…use it daily. This broke it. Apple TV, iphone, ipad, both experience same behavior. It must be some Windows Update or change on the PC that Infuse Pro doesn’t like?

Thank you!!

Hi @james Sorry to bother you, but this is plaguing a bunch of users and can’t figure it out. Can you please help to escalate to developers to review? Seems like a bug that behaves the same across all of us. Thank you ! Love your app, I buy every new version!!

Hi James, I’m sorry to bother you in this topic, but unable to get a reply from anyone the “exhausted data stream” error many of us have. Can you please take a look? All Windows share settings are correct and tried all SMB versions. Opened several ticket and multiple posts. Thank you!

If this happens when trying different SMB versions in Infuse, it may be related to the SMB settings current set in Windows. We don’t get a lot of reports of this, so I’m not sure what specific setting is to blame here.

You might try adjusting a few things, as described in this guide, to see if it makes a difference.

I’m getting this error , the windows share is available on other instances of infuse beta on another iPad and iphone