Excluding selected movies from the library

My movie library, which has been generated from the contents of several different folders, contains some movies which I would rather like to exclude/hide in Infuse Pro.

So, my suggestion would be a feature that allows excluding/hiding selected movies from the library even though they are part of the folders that are part of the library.

I can see only one reason why you would want to keep the movie alongside other movies in a directory: You want to manage manage some kind parental control over it? If it’s not that, then just say you have some pr0n, in which case I would recommend you just make a new directory and exclude it from library scans. À la carte hide-and-show just seems unnecessary when there are better options, such as just managing it in a separate library. For the meantime, move them into a separate directory and optionally pin them to the homescreen as a favourite folder, which is different from a favourite library, in that it is not backed by an index and is generally slower to load because of that.

Actually, it is not p0rn (in this case ;-)) but documentaries and tv shows for which there are no metadata available in the movie/TV series online databases. Therefore, I would like to exclude them from the library.
Do you know any better solution for this other than taking them out of the top folder (directory) in which other movie/TV series material is contained which I do want in the library?

Creating and managing multiple libraries isn’t a feature yet in Infuse Pro, is it?

Parental control is another important issue but it is not one that I wanted to address with this request. I already addessed that issue in a different posting about PIN/password protection of folders.

It’s not, BUT send your support to this suggestion (Allow defining any number of libraries), which requests precisely this. The more questions and use cases I read pouring in to these forums, the more this request feels like its implementation would solve a whole range of problems and address a range of other use cases. I would love for it to be implemented.

Do you know any better solution for this other than taking them out of the top folder (directory) in which other movie/TV series material is contained which I do want in the library?

The best I can suggest is to actually move them out into their own directory and pinning them to the homescreen as a favourite folder. That would keep the clutter of unmatched content out of your official Infuse libraries, while still giving you access to the content. Unfortunately, that’s probably about the best you can do until we’re allowed to define any number of libraries that we choose.