I know that some of these ideas have already been mentioned, and your 2.0 update may already have these options installed, but here’s what I would like to see what this app:
- slide for forward/back (placing you finger on the screen and sliding to the right fast forwards (scrubs) the video, and to the left rewinds it)
- tapping the screen while playing a video pauses it, and another tap plays. (this makes it easy to stop it when something/someone requires your attention)
- sliding your finger up increases the volume, and down decreases it
- allow an option to set how far the video fast forwards/rewinds when you swipe across (by increments of 10 seconds)
(of course two of my ideas contradict themselves, with one option being the ability to set how much time is passed when swipping and the other being the ability to scrub forward/back while dragging your finger left or right across the screen. I would love the ability to have both options in there, with a quick swipe the predesignated time lapse and the scrubing motion a more precise option, but at the very least I would like the option to choose which one I could use. But then again, if I absolutely could only have one of those options I would much rather be able to scrub the video forward or back, it’s much more precise when finding where you want in the movie.)
- metadata that can be searched/inserted into the title.
- ability to merge videos into a folder/season (sometimes my tv show will show up as multiple videos instead of merging into one season, I would like the option to put them together at will)
- a way to show which episode you're on, or which ones you've already seen
- a fix that allows you to continue where you left off, even if you stop halfway through a video, start another one, and then go back to the first one it should remember where you were.
That’s all I can think of for now, I may update it when I can think of anything else. Please let me know if any of these are unfeasable so I know what is impossible and what isn’t!