Everything goes fine but aTV just factory resetted

Hey,

I’m a first time user so I might be doing something wrong but I followed the instructions literally. I run the application, connect the aTV when I’m prompted to then the application and iTunes does it magic.

Everything seems to run smoothly but when I connect aTV to the TV again and fire it up it is completely blank. Just like a factory reset (which i presume even successful jailbreaks seems like) but no FC icon or anything else.

What I am doing wrong here? Plz advice…

Thanks guys!

same here.

just unplug it from the power source and plug it in again. if it’s a gen 2 you will now see the FC logo and be able to ssh it.

YOU DON’T GIVE ENOUGH CONTINGENCY PLANS IN THE ORIGINAL DIRECTIONS.  IT’S LIKE WE’RE FLYING BLIND!  I MIGHT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO GET IT TO WORK IF I HAD DONE THAT BUT NOW I AM "DOWNLOADING APPLE TV2.1_5.0.2_98830_RESTORE.IPSW…AND I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK I’M SUPPOSED TO HAVE PLUGGED IN OR NOT PLUGGED IN OR IF IT’S SUPPOSED TO DO THAT OR NOT AND WHEN TO PLUG THE HDMI IN AND WHEN TO PLUG THE [MINI-USB NOT MICRO-USB} IN … :frowning:

I am having the same issue.  I have tried both methods of jailbreaking and both APPEAR to be successful, but when I plug in the aTV to my TV, there is no FireCore icon in place of Settings.

I did as Clarence suggested and unplugged the power cord, but still no Jail Break!  Help!

I tried doing the same method w both microusb and pwr cable, says it fails w iTunes error at very end, but works!!! now I have fire core settings now.

OK, I ended up restoring the aTV to factory specs while plugged in to iTunes and then the jailbreak worked.  

OK, I ended up restoring the aTV to factory specs while plugged in to iTunes and then the jailbreak worked.  

i retried a few times and it seems that it might have worked now. at first startup though aTV looks factory resetted, but after restart the FC logo shows up.

Thanks for all replies and maybe the restart step should be in the guide :wink:

Cheeers!

Hi, Having a similar problem.Went the jail break process as detailed here and everything appears to work.  I hook back up to the TV and its looks like it didn’t take.  I tried unplugging the device and plugged it back in as suggested, still no FC icon.  So I cam back and pulled the debu  log and it appears I am getting an error, see below. Not sure if it finally figures it out in the end or skips it, but I still don’t have the device jailbroken.

Initializing libpois0n

opening device 05ac:1281…

Setting to configuration 1

Setting to interface 0:0

libusb:error [get_endpoints] error getting pipe information for pipe 1: unknown error

libusb:error [darwin_set_interface_altsetting] could not build endpoint table

Setting to interface 1:1

Device must be in DFU mode to continue

error occurs 13 times

Device must be in DFU mode to continue

Setting to configuration 1

Setting to int2012-08-31 21:15:00.424 Seas0nPass[52283:a403] dfu entered with status: 0

2012-08-31 21:15:08.683 Seas0nPass[52283:a403] is NOT full screen

2012-08-31 21:15:08.684 Seas0nPass[52283:a403] iTunes version: 10.6.3

if Itunes confirmed it was successful just unplug it again(or hold the down button and menu button til the light flashes) you will see the fc sometimes it takes a few tries

Thanks for the response and suggestions.  I rebooted 10 times just to be sure and no joy.  any other ideas?

Dude, I’ve been trying since JANUARY. I’ve contacted support multiple times, they could care LESS!

try to do the jailbreaking steps again

Tried to jailbreak twice more on my mac with no luck.  Decided to try it on my windows laptop and was getting entering DFU errors.  What finally appears to have worked is to compile the ipsw and use the following steps to get into DFU mode, thanks to murphypjr who posted this on 01.11.2011.

[quote="murphypjr"]  

I had the same problem when trying to jailbreak.... After a bit of playing around I found the following process to work:

1) Connect ATV2 up to a power source (contrary to the instructions)).

2) Open iTunes

3) Hook up the micro USB.

4) Then remove the power cable (standby light should be blinking), wait a second or two and then press 'menu' and 'pause' together for 7 seconds.

This seemed to work for me when jailbreaking.... let me know if it works for you chaps.   [/quote]