EVASI0N

Is that secure to use EVASI0N with Firecore?

Elias Minasi

I thought i read, apple tv2 is exploitable with same JB, but its not supported with Evasi0n.

Downloaded Evasi0n, but no mention of ATV2.

Yeah, Yeah! I read it. So, let’s wait a version of Seas0nPass compatible with it.

[/quote]

Ok - appears EVASI0N works with ATV2 running 6.x.  If I use EVASI0N instead of waiting for Seas0nPass, still able to install/update Firecore?  Just run the install/update from my desktop, it’ll find the ATV, and update it?

evasi0n does not work with the ATV, you will have to wait for seas0npass

It works perfectly with the AppleTV 2 and not the AppleTV 3… as expected.

How did you get it to work with ATV2?

I mean considering that the programmers did not add ATV2 info to the Evati0n.

Have you tried?

The Jailbreak button does not become enabled when connecting an ATV2. Looks like we are waiting for seasonpass to hopefully come up with a fix for this.

You on glue?

You should have tried it before you posted and you will get your answer. 

We need to wait for seas0npass

with sn0wbreeze jailbreak is possible, no need to wait for seas0npass

see here: http://blog.ih8sn0w.com/

Cheers Frank.

Unfortunately I noticed this on the snowbreeze page.

note: AppleTV 2 stuff such as XBMC is currently broken. So you may want to hold back on updating until your favorite tweaks are updated and available”

Does that mean XMBC won’t work yet? Anyone tried this?

It worked fine for me.

Just to clarify - You have installed successfully with snowbreeze and got XMBC running OK?

Might give this a go tonight if thats the case.

Cheers.

sn0wbreexe Jailbreak work fine however atv flash loads but you can not see and items under manager extras

yes, atv flash is not compatible with the new jailbreak…

we must wait for new atv flash…

From the sn0wbreeze site…

“I should note AppleTV 2 stuff such as XBMC is currently broken. So you may want to hold back on updating until your favorite tweaks are updated and available.”

Turns out you can actually jailbreak into the ATV2 (Get root access) using sn0wbreeze, however you cannot install any applications such as XMBC on the device. If you are looking to do that - you are going to have to either wait for seas0npass or some updates to come from elsewhere. Tried and tested.

Have anyone tested with snowbreeze???

Engberg, you can’t be serious, right? if you would have taken less then 1 second to read the very last post (tho post above yours)you would have gotten your answer to your question