ETA for new version Untethered Seas0nPass Jailbreak?

Is there and estimated release date for the new version of Untethered Seas0nPass Jailbreak? 

hey guys,

i wonder too, when are we to expect an untethered release?

Well, maybe in a week , maybe never… But i have done a thetered jailbreak, and its running from the day it was released without ever having to reload the JB.

i did it too, but for some reason the JB through iTunes installs 4.3.0 (Build 8F455): AppleTV2,1_4.3_8F455_Restore.ipsw.

is this normal? is this the latest firmware? if not, please tell us, once i update the ATV on iTunes to Apples latest firmware, i run the latest seas0npass and then it downloads 4.3_8F455. is this it?

thank you,

Yanni 

As you can see from the tweet, pod2g isn’t giving any ETA’s for a successfully packaged untethered jailbreak, so we’re all just going to have to be patient. Finding an exploit is one thing, packaging it into a useful jailbreaking utility that end users can use is a whole different story.

As of now, iOS 5 can be jailbroken, but it’s a tethered jailbreak which requires you to use a computer to successfully boot your device should it reboot. It’s not as horrible as some make it out to be, but it’s certainly an inconvenience should you encounter a reboot while out and about.

Great news .. but he didn't tell weather it support iPad 2 and iPhone 4S .

It's just an untethered exploit, they have yet to find a stable A5 exploit.

8)

John Galt

Ambit Energy, Sales Consultant

St. Louis, Missouri

I had the same problem the other day when doing a tethered jailbreak as i wanted to mirror but i ended back on 4.3 which is fine for now but i have now found a site where i could download the 4.4 ipsw, not got the address as i am at work but a google search should find it. I think the problem was i had a copy of the 4.3 on the computer so it was selecting that.