Error while streaming from Jellyfin through Nginx reverse proxy

Hi!

I’ve set up a Jellyfin server and sharing it externally through Nginx reverse proxy. I’m able to stream my test video (jellyfish-3-mbps-hd-h264.mkv) though Safari while having transcoding disabled for the user. However when adding the server in Infuse I get the following message:
An error occured
An error occured loading this content.

Is there a way I could export logs to you could take a look at it? Since the problem seems to be located to Infuse?

The same video plays perfectly when adding my Jellyfin with the internal IP and default port directly inside Infuse to the problem seems to only appear when playing through a reverse proxy.

We’ve seen a few errors with reverse proxies in Jellyfin, and they seem to stem from missing, invalid, or self-signed SSL certificates.

Can you double-check the certificate settings to ensure they are present and valid?

Since it’s supposed to be secure behind TLS I suppose I could share the domain…

I ran a test and it looks good. You can take a look here:
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=jellyfin.hogwarts.zone&hideResults=on

Does Infuse support TLS 1.3? My websites is TLS 1.3 only to get the highest scoring possible. It’s a valid Let’s Encrypt certificate so I don’t think there’s a problem with the certs, but maybe my nginx-config?

Can you replicate this issue on your end, and then send in a report via Infuse > Settings > Submit Diagnostics (Apple TV) or Infuse > Settings > Email Us (iOS)?

You can just post the 5 digit code it gives you here.

Absolutely, thanks.

Here’s the code for Apple TV 4K, tested both on latest stable version but the same error occurs on the tvOS 14 beta…
RPC9D

Did you find anything?:smiley:

Update: I added support for TLS 1.2 and now it’s working. It looks like Infuse doesn’t yet support TLS 1.3.

1 Like

Thanks for following up.

We’re still looking into this.