Error Merging before USB stick install

Hi,

I'm having a slight problem with the Apple TV 1st Gen installation file for Windows I downloaded (latest version).

I've downloaded and followed the instructions, but it asks me to locate the firmware for the AppleTV otherwise download it, so I chose download it, it goes through the whole download process and then starts checking the file, but once it starts to make the image its comes up with the following error:

Error mergine boot.efi into final image file. CreateFile for boot.efi failed (-4)

Can anyone give any advise, tried this on Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Pro gives the same error.  I'm using 4GB USB stick if that helps.

Cheers

Please disregard this as I've got it to work, moved the dmg file out of the folder and once I had the program running

I closed the folder and it started and finished the whole process.  Got it all working including the new RemoteHD app.

Getting the same error on Windows. Couldn't quite follow your resolution. Could you give me more details on how you're able to get around this issue? -Thanks.

I am having the same issue running the Windows Vista installer. I am unable to get past this error

Error mergine boot.efi into final image file. CreateFile for boot.efi failed (-4)

I have attempted reinstalling the aTVFlash from the source and reinstalled the DMG file. I also attempted to follow this user's resolution (which apparently was to close the file folders during the install process) which didn't resolve the issue.

Please advise how I can get the flash installer to run on my system.

-Thanks.

[quote="andyr.1363"]

Hi,

I'm having a slight problem with the Apple TV 1st Gen installation file for Windows I downloaded (latest version).

I've downloaded and followed the instructions, but it asks me to locate the firmware for the AppleTV otherwise download it, so I chose download it, it goes through the whole download process and then starts checking the file, but once it starts to make the image its comes up with the following error:

Can anyone give any advise, tried this on Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Pro gives the same error.  I'm using 4GB USB stick if that helps.

Cheers

[/quote]

Hi, you may try the following steps to get aTV Flash installed successfully.

1. Ensure aTV Flash Installer and 'bin' folder items are located in the same folder.

2. Remove the 'Temp.dmg' file located in that folder.

3. Re-run the aTV Flash installer.

I am having the same issue -- I tried it on both windows 7 and vista machines.  The install and bin folders are in the same folde.   I moved the aTVFlash.dmg file to a separate directory.  Still no luck.  Do you have any other suggestions?

[quote="max"]

Hi, you may try the following steps to get aTV Flash installed successfully.

1. Ensure aTV Flash Installer and 'bin' folder items are located in the same folder.

2. Remove the 'Temp.dmg' file located in that folder.

3. Re-run the aTV Flash installer.

[/quote]

I followed the above instrucations also, however to get the process to move forward I cancelled the the instal when windows vista indcated that the process was taking an excessive amount of time.  A command promt program (wgt) opened then started to download the atv update.  I re-started the install .exe and everything worked. The file is 235mb and is a slow download (Wgt is connecting to mesu.apple.com) which would could be the source of the problem as the instal program may be trying to create the usb install image before the necessary file has actually been created with the aTV update.

For future reference, you can download the DMG file directly using your browser then select it when prompted by the installer.

The direct download link is: http://mesu.apple.com/data/OS/061-7495.20100210.TAVfr/2Z694-6013-013.dmg

the download from above mentioned site still takes ages (I am pretty sure the problem is not on my site, as similiar sized downloads are done within 30min max - this is listed at 4hours at 16kb/sec)

is there another download location which allows faster download?

cheers

s

That’s the one and only official Apple download location. Sorry.