Error #21 when downloading subtitles

Hi,

I think I recently updated the Media Player to the Infuse app on my AppleTV2 and that since then I have problems with downloading subtitles. If I create or download my own SRT files and want to use those, then everything is fine. But when I want to download an external one, it shows me the list of subtitles available and when I select one the following error comes up: “An error occurred. An internal error #21 occurred. Please choose an alternate subtitle package”.

If i try the same movie file through the Infuse iOS app, the subtitle files can be downloaded and displays normally.

This happens for all my files as far as I can tell. I have tried restarts etc, but nothing seems to work. I have normal network connectivity, can view trailers and youtube movies, so that cant be it either.

Any thoughts?

I actually fixed it just now, thanks to another issue on the forums. It’s down to the space left on the AppleTV itself. Ones I deleted all files as explained in http://forum.firecore.com/topic/4677#comment-17633 (and restarted the AppleTV) subtitles could be downloaded and played again.

So maybe, as a suggestion, change the error message to something that points the user in the right direction. Maybe even a link to a kbase article.

Guess it’s tricky but of course it would be better to think of a clean up mechanism for the subtitles and other stuff that sits in the /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental and /private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other folders.

Good luck!