Erratic Movie Artwork

This one per example: Anathema: A Sort Of Homecoming (2015) — The Movie Database (TMDB) Infuse is not even fetching the cover. The description is fine (and the same as TMDb) but there’s no cover.

I don’t want to derail what you are doing with James but the only poster for that movie is set to french and depending on what you have set for language used for metadata may affect what is fetched also I believe.

Could be, but before the update, that cover was fecthed correctly ?

Let me find other examples.

Edit: Yeah, seems like TMDB is using some ‘new’ covers for some classic movies :frowning:

Edit 2: I voted for the classic covers and looks like there are the principals right now. Maybe an option inside Infuse to select between available covers? Anyway, thank you for your support :slight_smile:

Apparently TMDB has been deleting A LOT of posters, and if your movies had one of those, it got deleted from your library and Infuse doesn’t replace it with another one unless you manually edit each movie.

So now my only options are to “edit” almost every movie in Infuse (over 1600), or to “Clear all metadata” so my entire library (over 7100 items) gets updated.
I won’t be happy with either one but I guess I’ll be better off just clearing all metadata…

It would be nice if Infuse could somehow periodically update data from TMDB and thetvdb so we’re up to date with new posters and info

I guess the solution is, Infuse should stop auto-removing cached artwork.

1 Like

If you look at the Changes log, you can see that TMDb Bot deleted the English poster on 28th FEB 2020, for reasons that don’t make sense to anyone. (See - TMDb Issues - Mass deletion of Movie Posters)

From my experience though, Infuse will fetch the foreign poster if no English poster is available.

I have just started saving a local copy of every movie poster to my shared folders once I’m happy with the one I have. You can’t trust TMDb to not change posters - It’ll either delete posters, or users will upvote non-original posters to be the default poster at some point. This is why I’m hopeful to get this bug (Can’t change custom poster art. Can only set once) fixed, because it’s causing me issues right now.

Generally, Infuse will not automatically remove cover art.

However, the 6.3.4 (and 6.3.5) update included changes for how Infuse caches its artwork, and part of this transition includes refetching artwork for some items.

I guess the timing is a bit unfortunate in this case, but this should not be a problem in the future.

Yep - very unfortunate timing - this was super annoying. Why would things change automatically?

Hallo guys!
I’m experimenting the same issue and considering that my library has about 1200 movies, is very uncomfortable to reset many artwork manually, so in this moment I’m trying the delete all artwork and download them again.
Unfortunately the situation is the same, many many artwork not correct and have to reset manually.
Hoping that this issue can be solved soon.

Oh wow, I’m having lots of issues with artwork too, I just checked three notable examples from my library and they’re all completely shot on themoviedb.org too - what the hell have they done?! ?

Just checked IMDB for the same and even they’re affected. Someone at themoviedb.org needs to restore a backup I think…

Be cautious clearing the metadata, never underestimate how many times the system borked the movie and you corrected it.

I cleared my metadata tonight before finding this post and it feels like infuse incorrectly chooses almost every movie that has a sequel. It always defaults to the newest movie for me, even if I stipulate release year in the file name.

Personally I’d hold out on the metadata purge.

1 Like

Facing same issue, currently purging :confused:

Had same issue here, got it fixed by clearing metadata, hope it doesn’t come back.

1 Like

Same here but fixed it with a purge!

If only we had the option of choosing what cover art we want to use in infuse, like in Kodi for nvidia shield.

Sorry that my first post here is a complaint but I find this situation unacceptable.
Most of my artwork has disappeared from my library, I don’t want to clear all the metadata as I had a lot that I had to manually add plus many of the new images I don’t like.

Why can’t there be a way to preserve your metadata and/or revert to backed up metadata?

It was an absolute PITA when Infuse lost all of my metadata either last year or the year before when version 6 cloud syncing was introduced, it took me several hours to get everything back.

Please developers don’t let this happen again.

1 Like

I completely agree with the sentiment of oneofmany - well written.
It has also been a massive pain for me, which is a big disappointment for a “Lifetime” subscriber.

I appreciate that it’s housework, but being as the actual movie & TV data (text) is consistent and it’s the poster you have issue with losing - then you can simply download and save your own posters. You may find that posters on tmdb are not the best ones out there, and so places like TPDb are a god send.

Again, I know it’s a little work, but you’ll end up with a library that is visually how you want it to be - forever.

This is appalling. Yet another massive metadata failure and the response from Firecore has proven again that they don’t give a flying f— about our experience with their product.

Telling people that the “solution” is to delete their metadata is lazy and disingenuous.

1 Like

We are aware of an issue with movie artwork which is affecting some users.

The Problem
This issue can cause missing or strange artwork for some movie titles.

Why is this happening?
TMDb (the site Infuse uses for movie info and artwork) recently went through a major site update, and as part of general housekeeping some older, outdated images were removed. This means if Infuse had poster xyz.jpg stored for a title in your library and that poster had been removed from TMDb, then Infuse would not be able to obtain that particular poster.

The solution
The way to resolve this is to use the Edit option on the affected title. Doing this will refresh the metadata and search for an updated poster, so instead of poster xyz.jpg Infuse would now use poster abc.jpg. If you have a library where more than a handful of titles were affected you can use the Clear All Metadata option found in Settings, and Infuse will get the latest posters for your entire library all at once. This process is entirely automatic, and in most cases will only take a few minutes. Things like watched history and playback progress will not be affected.

The future
We’ll soon be introducing a new option to sync artwork to iCloud, which will help avoid issues like this in the future.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, but appreciate your patience and understanding.