Episodes that suddenly appear as unrecognized

Hello,

For a few months now I have had problems some TV Shows, either episodes or seasons, which are no longer recognized and which, in the library, appear in a folder without poster.

These are series that I have, no modification of the of files, which are well named because they are recognized before. Most of the time one reboot is enough but for the last problem not.

The series The “100”, an episode is no longer recognized and the folder, still in the library, is empty. The files are in my NAS (Ethernet/SMB).

I also noticed that my shared SMB was duplicated, I deleted it last week, I see it again in duplicate…

Any ideas? Thank you. Thank you.

For the connection duplication issue, do you have more than 1 device running Infuse and synchronised via iCloud?

If the answer is yes are you adding the smb connection on each device, rather than adding it on one device and then letting the synchronisation copy the connection to the other device?

I have an iPhone & and iPad with Infuse, but since the last time I deleted the duplicate share it did no appears again.

Any ide for the season missing, but in my NAS, expect one episode not recognized ? Tanks !

The series The “100”, an episode is no longer recognized and the folder, still in the library, is empty. The files are in my NAS (Ethernet/SMB).

I have a similar issue. For a little while now, and for some series, seasons are not longer recognized and do not appear in the library. For example, S04 of “The man in the high castle”. The files are correctly name, for ex. The.Man.in.the.High.Castle.S04E01.1080p.WEB.DL-NTG.mkv and in the correct directly, for ex. “The Man in the High Castle”.

When I navigate manually using Infuse 6 on the ATV to the folder where all series reside, the episodes for “The man in the high castle” appear at the top level as if they were not part of a serie or a season, and the posters are just for the individual episodes are just one frame of the episode rather than the fan art.