Episode Grouping into Season Not Working

I have a folder with all Fargo episodes in it. They are all named the same format: fargo.S02E01.mkv, fargo.S02E02.mkv, and so on. There are no other files inside the folder. One of the files has a different file extension (mp4, while rest are mkv). Infuse is not finding the metadata and not grouping them into a season.

Anybody have a solution for this? Do they all need to have the same extension?

It works for me, however I need to manually enter each sub folder and wait for it to scan all files in it, before it actually groups them in seasons and also generates the proper thumbnail for the show as such. If I exit before it’s finished it doesn’t work.

There are no sub-folders. And Infuse does not actually show the folder. All episodes (although inside a folder named ‘Fargo’ on computer) are presented individually on root level, with title S02EXX but no metadata and no grouping into season folder. Very weird.

@dave

Try to edit meta data on the first episode in which infuse does not group. I had some files that was like that by after I edited as example below:

Name: the show name
Edit meta data: search for : the show name
The search find the options
Click on the name that responds to the correct name (even if it is same)
The files will be reindeer and updated and now should group

Hope it helps and sorry if my English explanation is not clear enough,

Big thank you! @metrobrave! Your solution worked perfectly as described (and your English is great!).

Hi,
I’ve this issue with one of my series (Chicago P.D), where do you perform this, in Infuse itself (how?) or Windows?

You guys may want to try FileBot. It cleared up a lot of mismatched metadata after running all my files through it.

Big thank you! @metrobrave! Your solution worked perfectly as described (and your English is great!).[/quote]

You are very welcome and thank you, glad it worked.

Hi,
I’ve this issue with one of my series (Chicago P.D), where do you perform this, in Infuse itself (how?) or Windows?[/quote]

In Infuse interface either on iOS or tvOs you have the option to press “EDIT”. When pressed “EDIT” you are given a new option to type in your preferred name on the TV Show as described above.

For Chicago P.D i recommend you to type in Chicago P.D. (two punctuation’s) then Infuse will find the correct name in the list and when you confirm by clicking on the name it will re-index all episodes. You should only need to do this process on one episode to get the conformity on all.

Hope this makes it clearer.

Cheers.