Enable AirPlay Mirroring

On some video files when i click on AirPlay icon in Infuse 2 instead of list of ATV devices i get a "Enable AirPlay Mirroring". On some files it works on some i get this.

What sort of file are you trying to play? If it's a file the iPad will play natively then you won't get it. If it's something like an MKV which contains something else, then you'll have to enable mirroring.

I noticed this also affects how subtitles are displayed! Weird.

i have few mkv files and airplay works fine with them. I also have 2 avi files and on them I need to enable mirroring. 

Could be that the MKV is a container for an MP4? I'm not sure... I did have a similar issue to you though, and in the end I just bit the bullet, left Handbrake running for about 2 days, and batch converted everything to MP4.

[quote="WimbledonEd"]

Could be that the MKV is a container for an MP4? I'm not sure... I did have a similar issue to you though, and in the end I just bit the bullet, left Handbrake running for about 2 days, and batch converted everything to MP4.

[/quote]

both .mkv and .mp4 normally contain h264 encoded video and Apple devices include hardware support for h264 video.   An avi file uses a different encoding that is not native to Apple devices. 

[quote="itimpi"]

[quote=WimbledonEd]

[/quote]

both .mkv and .mp4 normally contain h264 encoded video and Apple devices include hardware support for h264 video.   An avi file uses a different encoding that is not native to Apple devices. 

[/quote]

This is correct. Infuse will be able to send virtually any h.264 video over native AirPlay (even MKVs and AVIs).

Mirroring is used for the more obscure formats like WMV, which unfortunately cannot be converted on the fly to be sent over native AirPlay.

Hope this helps.